• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Comic Book Show; Sun May 25th 2014. Win Hulk 181!

31 posts in this topic

It was actually a fantastic show for me. I've never seen any other dealer other than one before in my life.

I packed light, not knowing what to expect. I brought 6 long boxes of 50 cent/$1.00 and came home with 3.

I brought 3 long boxes of real inventory and came home with 2.

A guy came by at 3:00 and looked at one of the 3 Hulk #181's I had for sale. It was a slabbed 8.5. Anyways he said he was gonna try and find a bank open so he can grab the money for it. I didn't expect much, as I've heard that before but 22 minutes later he was back with an envelope of mad stacks :cloud9:

Jim

Congrats! :headbang:

Congratulations to Manny Mistry for winning the Incredible Hulk 181 that was raffled away at this event.

So a mystery man won? lol

Like everyone said, the show was pretty empty on things to buy, went in and left with what I brought. There was a table set up that had 3 or 4 guys selling some books with insane prices. That was the most interesting part of the show, I really wanted to know what was going on there.

New Mutants 98 9.8 - $1000.00

Walking Dead 1 9.8 - $5000.00

Tales of Suspence 39 - $somecrazyamount

Avengers 1 - $yourfirstborn

They had an alright copy of Detective Comics 225 but again, pretty over priced and he wasn't budging much on it. Ah well.

Thinking back now that booth alone was worth the price of admission.

I might be high, but I'm not too high to see that Manny Mistry is on the exhibitor list for sundays show.

And miss a joke entirely. :makepoint:

This was a good show. I wasn't expecting the dealers to bring their best inventory for the 1st show but the inventory they brought was good. Definitely I"ll be back in July for the 2nd show. The location is great.

I hope TO can support a monthly comic-centric show. Vancouver seems to have a comicon every 3 weeks along with live bi-monthly :blahblah: comic auctions, weekly flea markets, monthly antique/collectibles shows.