• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern 46

14 posts in this topic

Here's one I got from House of Comics in Berkeley this weekend. If you haven't checked out their website you should - tons of silver and bronze, including a fair amount of high grade. Prices are generally a little below guide - with some exceptions in the mid-grade range, where discounts are common, grading is tight and consistent. The proprietor's inventory includes some 50,000 books from a former partner of Harley Yee's.

What do you think this GL 46 is, grade-wise?

650113-GL46-fc.jpg

650113-GL46-fc.jpg.5628ffa01211b5c5dc96c5392fa94eec.jpg

the small dot of white at bottom of fc is a color fleck

the line on left edge of bc, near bottom, is a production crease.

very minor dust shadows top left and bottom right bc

Another great book Garth!

8.5 sumo.gif

I think your lower corners may be a little too rounded for a 9.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Having seen it in person its a great book. Solid 9.0, with maybe an X-mas early 9.2 depending on how they view the dust shadow. Now please go back to the Lulu's sumo.gif

The only reason I throw the 9.2 out there is that on a lot of books lately I have been coming .2 to .5 under and I think its because of failure to assess the gloss and over emphasis on minor defects. Then again the bottom LC might be the kiss of 9.0.

The book is a 9.4/9.6 except for the bottom left corner. That probably brings it down to a 9.2 but it does seem that there might be more non-color breaking spine stress lines that could put it in the 8.5/9.0.

Dust shadow (especially being light and on the back cover) has little to no effect on the grade.

The book is a 9.4/9.6 except for the bottom left corner. That probably brings it down to a 9.2 but it does seem that there might be more non-color breaking spine stress lines that could put it in the 8.5/9.0.

Dust shadow (especially being light and on the back cover) has little to no effect on the grade.

Unless you're a picky buyer . . . who buys the book and not the label wink.gif

9.0 thumbsup2.gif press that prod crease out and it's a 9.2 devil.gifwink.giftongue.gif

Uh, considering that it took about 800 lbs of pressure from a massive printing press to put the crease in . . . I think it is permanent 27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gif

Have you ever heard of PC's being pressed out? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Or did I just miss the joke? foreheadslap.gif

the small dot of white at bottom of fc is a color fleck

the line on left edge of bc, near bottom, is a production crease.

very minor dust shadows top left and bottom right bc

Another great book Garth!

8.5 sumo.gif

I think your lower corners may be a little too rounded for a 9.0 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

tend to agree, but in the spirit of the holidays - a definite 9.0............. thumbsup2.gif

You guys are turning into a bunch of early Santas! 893applaud-thumb.gif

That "soft corner" is really not very noticeable in person... and as far as "invisible" spine creases, there are probably three very minor ones that can't be seen in the scan...

Thanks for the input!