• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 47 GRADE IS IN

18 posts in this topic

There are a few color breaking spine ticks on the top left. If the big crease on the left side near the bottom spider-man can be pressed out, could the book get as high as a 9.4 with those spine ticks?

In my opinion, there is no chance of your copy achieving anything beyond 9.2 and even that is a stretch. (My opinion)

I believe that anything above 9.0 should have relatively sharp corners and you pass here. But once you get into the 9.4 territory I believe that all corners must be sharp and spine creases/stresses/tics etc. must be minimal.

The intensity of the spine stresses/creases/tics also determine their acceptability. I don't think the large CB crease at the top of the back cover would press out and that along with the dull or rounded top and bottom spine corners would prevent your copy from grading any higher!

Again it is only an opinion as we have seen with some books lately, not mentioning any in particular (AVE #181 in the March Madness Grading Contest) even missing corners can get you a 9.2.

You have a gorgeous copy Josh! Good luck with whatever you decide!flowerysmile.gif

What's that line on the back cover, near the middle of Napoleon

Is that a fold/crease?

I would suspect that to be a printing crease based on the fact that there is no apparent fold or creasing on the front cover. Josh can you confirm?

What's that line on the back cover, near the middle of Napoleon

Is that a fold/crease?

I would suspect that to be a printing crease based on the fact that there is no apparent fold or creasing on the front cover. Josh can you confirm?

I just took a look and there is no corresponding crease on the front. The crease is shallow.

I think as is, this is an 8.0 book. Very pretty!

There are 6 cb creases on the front cover. The creases may press out but the cb's will still be there. There are also a couple of cb creases on the upper back cover spine where the wrap is off. This book does not have too much tanning as I don't think this issue was ever a white cover to begin with. More of a very soft light brown. Now there is a shadow that runs down the fc spine.

Press and clean, I think a very nice 8.5 / 9.0