• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 74 GRADE IS IN with GRADER NOTES

36 posts in this topic

I got the notes.

I thought a date stamp didn't effect the grade?

To me, the below notes do not equal a 9.0

Grader Notes: Left Center Front Cover Medium Lite Crease

Left Top Front Cover Address/Date/Name Stamp

Spine Multiple Bend Breaks Color

Top Front Cover Small Lite Multiple Crease Breaks Color

I got the notes.

Date stamps do not effect the grade, it is most likely just a note stating that it's there. But why mention the top front cover creases twice (first line and last line) Is this not the same creases? :o

I got the notes.

Date stamps do not effect the grade, it is most likely just a note stating that it's there. But why mention the top front cover creases twice (first line and last line) Is this not the same creases? :o

Because they're completely different creases, obviously.

And date stamps do not affect the grade, but they are noteworthy. :grin:

I will take a closer look when it arrives in the mail, but I think this book is a 9.4/9.6.

I'm leaning towards a re-sub or sending it somewhere else because as far as I'm concerned they got the grade wrong.

gpa on a 9.0 is $118

9.4 is $307

9.6 is $417

Big difference in value.

I will take a closer look when it arrives in the mail, but I think this book is a 9.4/9.6.

I'm leaning towards a re-sub or sending it somewhere else because as far as I'm concerned they got the grade wrong.

gpa on a 9.0 is $118

9.4 is $307

9.6 is $417

Big difference in value.

It's your dinero, but in my experience, it's not a good idea to spend good money after bad. :wishluck:

I got this book graded to sell so I thinks it's worth another thirty to try and get the correct grade. 30 for an increase of either 190 or 300 is worth it.

my advice is your intent was to sell it, then I would sell it as is. If the book looks better than the grade, then someone will be willing to pay more.

Not sure how much you are into it, but if you are wrong, that's another $31 + $5, plus shipping (to and from) that's eating into your existing profit.

From the "vague" notes, the

Left Center Front Cover Medium Lite Crease

seem enough to warrant the grade but that's me. It's not my book etc.

At some point you have to acknowledge that maybe the grade you get just maybe correct :shrug:

having submitted over 60 books, especially from this era, it is very difficult to get the 9.2 to 9.6 (I can't even imagine finding a 9.8 in the wild) while it maybe better than a 9.0 maybe it wasn't good enough for a 9.2, let alone 9.4

The graders are very tough on 9.2 or greater and very lenient IMHO between 5.0-8.0

I got this book graded to sell so I thinks it's worth another thirty to try and get the correct grade. 30 for an increase of either 190 or 300 is worth it.

my advice is your intent was to sell it, then I would sell it as is. If the book looks better than the grade, then someone will be willing to pay more.

Not sure how much you are into it, but if you are wrong, that's another $31 + $5, plus shipping (to and from) that's eating into your existing profit.

At some point you have to acknowledge that maybe the grade you get just maybe correct :shrug:

having submitted over 60 books, especially from this era, it is very difficult to get the 9.2 to 9.6 (I can't even imagine finding a 9.8 in the wild) while it maybe better than a 9.0 maybe it wasn't good enough for a 9.2, let alone 9.4

The graders are very tough on 9.2 or greater and very lenient IMHO between 5.0-8.0

All good points.

All good points.

+2 plus the new generation of graders that are more like the first generation. They are pretty tough on grades than I had ever experienced in five years.

I can't tell if this one is dirty, or if it's the actual image. Mid way down on the spine there is what looks like pink ink.

Thoughts?

ASM74a_zpsb1181b2d.jpeg

ASM74b_zps360c0934.jpeg

I can see the small chip on the top edge of BC. The graders may miss it. Either the small clip or tiny tear on any edge (just ONE!) is an automatic 9.2. I have similar problems in past.

I think they ignored it and focused on the spine. I can see there are ticks along the spine.