• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 64

200 posts in this topic

So a lower staple halfway out of 266 can get 9.6.

Face palm.

aye De mi....que lastima...

I threw it up as a production error and assumed it didn't factor into the grade. Still felt generous giving it a 9.4

Arg!! Pulled a 71 and still lost. Those darn tomato grade books!

Just playing - went with a 1.5 on the Avenger after debating between a 1.8 and 1.5 for half an hour. And the first X-Men has way more spine ticks and has a corner bend so I can't believe they both got a 9.6. At least I got the hardest one with a 7.5 on the hot rod. Great contest and I'm coming back stronger next year or maybe CGC will make better sense next year.

You and Fantastic Thor...2 70 or better scores bounced! WOW! Tough competition for sure...

CONGRATS on your stellar grading anyway... :headbang:

Yeah, I bombed both the 114 and the 266. I swear there is a crease LRC on that 266. And the 114, both the TRC and LRC look blunted, spine creases also.

I think that crease on 266 is actually part of the art. I stared at that for a long time.

Of course, I still got it wrong since I gave it a 9.8, so what do I know.

No Overtimes this round...

Interesting...I bombed on the HW1 but I waffled back and forth on the two XM books...between the bullseye and the grade I settled on...so I was .2 off on both...if I would've settled on the right grade I would've had a 70 and Andy and I would've tied...dam