• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four 5 GRADE IS IN

87 posts in this topic

Recent pick up. Very excited about this book.

There are 2 spine splits (3/4in on top, 1/2in on bottom).

There is a substance on the top of the back cover that I think can be cleaned off by Joey. I'm definitely giving him a crack at this one.

FantasticFour5a_zps999db934.jpeg

FantasticFour5b_zps7817af2e.jpeg

3.5 IMHO! Not sure what Joey would be able to do to help this one to be honest? It's a lot nicer then the grade would indicate but that is because of the staining which in my opinion is on the minor side.

3.5 IMHO! Not sure what Joey would be able to do to help this one to be honest? It's a lot nicer then the grade would indicate but that is because of the staining which in my opinion is on the minor side.

I'm hoping he can get rid of that stuff on the top back cover.

It got a 2.0 OW pages. Not happy! The grading inconsistency is definitely becoming more obvious the more I submit.

Actually, I'm not surprised with the grade at all. Clearly, it's a book that scans better than it feels. This is not uncommon at all, and is why grading via scans is just pure supposition. :grin:

With the splits and stains I think you are looking at 2.0/2.5 tops the book will likely be hard to work on because it is fragile due to the splits. But it presents very nice for whatever grade it maybe

^^

It got a 2.0 OW pages. Not happy! The grading inconsistency is definitely becoming more obvious the more I submit.

Actually, I'm not surprised with the grade at all. Clearly, it's a book that scans better than it feels. This is not uncommon at all, and is why grading via scans is just pure supposition. :grin:

I'm going to have to disagree because I held it in hand and this was a 3.0 at worst. If you compare it to the ASM1 in my signature, there is no way this book should have graded less than that 2.5.

I'm going to have to disagree because I held it in hand and this was a 3.0 at worst. If you compare it to the ASM1 in my signature, there is no way this book should have graded less than that 2.5.

I'm cool with that :cool: but clearly CGC wasn't. :devil:

Besides the top and bottom splits, isn't the spine also missing a sliver in the black between Dr. Doom's and Reed's word balloons?

Are you talking about directly on the spine, or the straight white line (which is part of the picture)? I wouldn't disagree that the spine has its issues.

It has probably been the spine splits plus staining combo – they are very hard on stains, especially if they are evident ones. But 2.0 looks low nonetheless, would have said 3.0 myself.

I hope it wasn’t too costly – personally I would grab a copy like that all day long, as I don’t care about slabbing and technical grades, as long as it presents well as this one! :D

It has probably been the spine splits plus staining combo – they are very hard on stains, especially if they are evident ones. But 2.0 looks low nonetheless, would have said 3.0 myself.

I hope it wasn’t too costly – personally I would grab a copy like that all day long, as I don’t care about slabbing and technical grades, as long as it presents well as this one! :D

I'm going to keep it and probably re-submit it with my next coupon.

The gpa difference on a 2.0 and 3.0 is $400