• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are you using for short and long fillers.

27 posts in this topic

I used to, use cardboard and Wizard mags or fill every box packed. So what are you guys using? Now that I'm older Im going back through my collection and organizing looking for a clean approach where i can leave gaps with a filler for runs and large holes. My concern is off-gasing. Ive heard of others using foam but i fear the smell affecting the books.

I usually use trades and/or extra back boards to fill in the gaps. My long boxes aren't in any particular order anymore (used to have them alphanumeric). It got to be too much of a pain in the arse to continually reorganize them when I had a large pull list and was getting 15-20 books a month. Now they are more grouped into boxes by year. I may have some Daredevil or Fables or Y in one box, and some more in another. They need organized, but I doubt I'll make the time to do that anytime soon.

I usually have a small box or some bags&boards to put in for end-fill, but half-empty boxes? I just turn them up on end, so the books are laying flat. I also alternate the direction every 25 books or so. Works well for me so far.

-slym

I just don't use short or long boxes.

How do you store them then? Metal filing cabinets?

The best way EVER!

Magazine holders,freedom.

shawshank-redemption_zpsfce544a0.jpg

IMG00388-20110402-2035.jpg

I've been doing that and it's great for having actual access to your comics and actually reading them. I remember filling holes in runs, and then not wanting to root through 30 longboxes to find my comics, and then just never reading them. I've worked hard nailing a run and then not even reading it before I sold it. So I like the shelves, but I'm also trying to dial back the nerd feng shui around here so I'm thinking of tucking them away in a closet again.

I use all the old boards I get from comics that I buy. Makes great padding, plus you can adjust them when you fill up your box (or in my case, my filing cabinet).

I have some of my books in my bookcase like Oak. It's kind of handy and looks great.