• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which copper books cracked the $100 barrier...but not fueled by a movie?

117 posts in this topic

Good list. Some others are borderline but close enough.

Harbinger was talked about for Movie/TV?

Ah, I didn't think about the "mania" behind finding a 9.8. Let's say "any", but only up to a grade of 9.4. Sometimes a book can get to 9.6 or 9.8 primarily due to the grade instead of the importance so we should exclude those. The idea behind this thread is to try to identify books that are important by their own merit such that they have a proven track record.

I'll edit the first post. BTW, what does TV stand for?

Television :insane:

Many of these like, "Swamp Thing #37 - MOVIE /TV" should read:

Swamp Thing #37 - In spite of MOVIE /TV lol

Don't know that I would say "many", really only TMNT and Swamp Thing was right on the cusp.

When is Grendel #1 worth anything? Unless there is a Vol 1 and Vol 2. I couldn't give my #1 away.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grendel-1-Comico-Matt-wagner-Solid-Copy-/111250520914

Many of these like, "Swamp Thing #37 - MOVIE /TV" should read:

Swamp Thing #37 - In spite of MOVIE /TV lol

Don't know that I would say "many", really only TMNT and Swamp Thing was right on the cusp.

When is Grendel #1 worth anything? Unless there is a Vol 1 and Vol 2. I couldn't give my #1 away.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grendel-1-Comico-Matt-wagner-Solid-Copy-/111250520914

Thanks. Mine does not look like that. Must be a Vol 2

Albedo #2

Amazing Spider-Man #300

Bone #1 

Caliber Presents #1 - MOVIE / TV

Cry for Dawn #1

Gobbledegook #1 (self-published)

Gobbledegook #2 (self-published)

Grendel #1

Harbinger #1 - MOVIE / TV

Love and Rockets #1 (self-published)

Miracleman #15 

New Mutants #98

New Teen Titans #2 - MOVIE / TV

Primer #2

Sandman #1 - MOVIE / TV

Swamp Thing #37 - MOVIE /TV

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (prints 1-3)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #2 (1st) - MOVIE / TV

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3 (1st) - MOVIE / TV

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #4 (1st) - MOVIE / TV

Uncanny X-Men #266 - Not a $100 book

Plus oddities and variants e.g.

Amethyst 35 cent variants

Cry For Dawn #3 Horror con variant

Miracleman #1 gold & blue variants

Sandman #8 Karen Berger Editorial Special Edition

Sonic #1 Promo

Spider-Man #1 variants

Superman #409 logo variant - Not a $100 book

Superman Bradman #nn

TMNT #3 NYCC variant

Turtlemania

Rare Whitman's

etc

Uncanny X-Men #266 - yeah there are odd raw copies sold for just over $100 but most are below

Superman #409 logo variant is worth way way more than $100 - there are less than 5 known copies, I have been offered over $600 for my copy.

My mistake I was thinking about the Firestorm & Justice league logo variant. Forgot about the Superhombre logo variant.

Harbinger was talked about for Movie/TV?

Ah, I didn't think about the "mania" behind finding a 9.8. Let's say "any", but only up to a grade of 9.4. Sometimes a book can get to 9.6 or 9.8 primarily due to the grade instead of the importance so we should exclude those. The idea behind this thread is to try to identify books that are important by their own merit such that they have a proven track record.

I'll edit the first post. BTW, what does TV stand for?

Television :insane:

Valiant announced a Harbinger movie about 2 years. There are many comic related movies & TV shows that don't get discussed on the boards. For example; World of Warcraft will be a movie next year and production started in January.

New Teen Titans #2 was >$100 in 9.8 all the way back to 2005. #44 was >$100 in 9.8 for most of 2012 and occasionally sales were higher in years prior. Neither of these was driven over $100 because of TV or a movie. First Deathstroke was a semi-key long before a TV appearance.

TDKR#1 is a good one.

Xmen #266 was >$100 in 9.8 all the way back to 2002.

New Teen Titans #2 was >$100 in 9.8 all the way back to 2005. #44 was >$100 in 9.8 for most of 2012 and occasionally sales were higher in years prior. Neither of these was driven over $100 because of TV or a movie. First Deathstroke was a semi-key long before a TV appearance.

TDKR#1 is a good one.

If you read the original post the person did not want graded books just raw. To everyone please stop adding New Teen Titans #2 or #44 & X-Men #266 to this thread.

TDKR#1 is a good one.

If you read the original post the person did not want graded books just raw. To everyone please stop adding New Teen Titans #2 or #44 & X-Men #266 to this thread.

Lets watch tonight!

TDKR#1 is a good one.

Lets watch tonight!

Anything New Teen Titans related is going to pick-up now that Cyborg is in the Batman vs Superman movie.

TDKR#1 is a good one.

Lets watch tonight!

Yikes! Those suckers that are bidding on that are going to be surprised when they get an over graded 5.0 copy. There's not even a back cover scan to help it's case.

TDKR#1 is a good one.

See original post