• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

April CLink Auction, What do you win..?

36 posts in this topic

the fact that we're three days into the auction close and it took this long for someone to start a "what'd you win" thread speaks to the lack of interesting or quality books in this months offering...

or everyone is just saving pennies for Heritage's May auction.

Though there were some deals due to the lukewarm interest...

https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=1010717

Green Lantern #2 in 5.5 for $110

Thats a final price lower than the 12 mo average for sales in 3.5, 4.0 and 5.0

Heck its 1/2 the price of the 12 mo price for a 6.0

Could siver age green lantern be colder?

I hope so. Will let me add to my collection then

This was the second to last of the major slabbed issues I needed between 101-200.

The last I need is 102 which is the lowest priority right now. Other things I won and may win will eventually be eBay fodder.

RAD80778201444_13381.jpg

I was going to go higher on that book, but thought all that creasing in the top right was ugly.

Silver age GL has extremely low demand right now.

I've lost every auction so far. Can't believe how high Batman 226 and 231 went for. Granted these were 9.6s, but $512 and $425? Really? Is there speculation on the first appearance of the Man with Ten Eyes? I guess I'll stick with my raw mid grades for now.

I picked up the TTA #22 in 4.0 for a price that wasn't too terrible, and it is a difficult book so at least now I've got an undercopy to lose money on when I upgrade someday.

I've got a few more bids out on some Copper ASMs just to improve the economics of my shipping costs. I've got one so far, a 9.6 for like $35 that I'll buy all day long, and am waiting on a couple more. The prices on a lot of the books I looked at (none of which were Batman or GL) seemed quite soft. I let some Strange Tales and TOS hero books slip by that I would have bid on if I was paying more attention and had a bigger bankroll than I currently do.

EDIT: I also got the ASM #361 for a price I can live with, making the TTA plus two Copper ASMs. I'll definitely take it, but there was a fair bit of low hanging fruit in this auction that people scooped up. Maybe not the most exciting auction for material, but it seems there were plenty of good deals to be had for buyers (and disappointed sellers).