• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

On 8/7/2021 at 12:03 PM, Primetime said:

Crash 💥 landing with a frightened Sue Storm. 

D63670F9-AEC7-4D8D-AD9C-97E741B98A5C.jpeg

Two things..... 1) Anyone else notice the mis-spelling of the word invisible????    She's "Invinsible?"

2)  When she disappears wouldn't they simply think she died?  Like she was "dusted" or "pruned".  Instead they immediately know she's invisible. How do they know???

On 8/7/2021 at 10:26 PM, gadzukes said:

Two things..... 1) Anyone else notice the mis-spelling of the word invisible????    She's "Invinsible?"

2)  When she disappears wouldn't they simply think she died?  Like she was "dusted" or "pruned".  Instead they immediately know she's invisible. How do they know???

You almost never see misspellings -- never noticed that one before.

Giving everyone the benefit of the doubt, I'm guessing they know she's not completely gone because they hear her talking.  (shrug)

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 8/7/2021 at 10:55 PM, gadzukes said:

They make their statements about her being invisible BEFORE she starts talking. 

Jeez, you're really micro-analyzing this but I'll play along.

Sue spends two whole panels talking to them while half invisible.  Obviously each panel (as in, like, literally any comic book ever published) is showing a split-second in time, with the implication that any dialogue in the panel is "straddling" that point in time.  So it's quite plausible that by the time she's done saying "Oh, no!! No!!" she's completely invisible but still audible.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 8/7/2021 at 11:01 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Jeez, you're really micro-analyzing this but I'll play along.

Sue spends two whole panels talking to them while half invisible.  Obviously each panel (as in, like, literally any comic book ever published) is showing a split-second in time, with the implication that any dialogue in the panel is "straddling" that point in time.  So it's quite plausible that by the time she's done saying "Oh, noI! No!!" she's completely invisible but still audible.

Haha... I get what you're saying.

Or.... "Oh no! No!" could be interpreted as her dying phrase as she's removed from existence.

Yeah, I'm over analyzing, but only because it's fun looking at these awesome old panels.

On 8/7/2021 at 7:26 PM, gadzukes said:

Welcome 🤗 to the Marvel Age of Comics ❣️