• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Marvel Preview #4 Starlord ( 2 copies)

15 posts in this topic

Picked these up yesterday and one copy is amazing in my eyes, some soiling on the back cover that can be cleaned, but am i crazy thinking a 9.4 or higher is possible on Copy A? Copy B pretty nice too, just the crease and spine rip and back cover soiling.

Would love some opinions on these. Thanks.

Copy A

mp4f_zpseba10b4e.jpg

mp4b_zpsc127d6f0.jpg

20140424_195816_zpswuxjfmox.jpg

20140424_195821_zpsmjrdoaqn.jpg

20140424_195805_zpsyypbvnyg.jpg

thanks for the opinions so far. does anyone think copy a has a chance at a 9.6 or 9.8 if i can get the back cover cleaned? the other one i'd be happy with anything between a 7 and 8, that was what i was thinking when i bought it.

also anyone ever get one of these graded before? i want to know what it costs to grade these? i'm unfamiliar with oversized book costs.

good stuff so far keep it coming.

Copy A = 9.2 possibly better if the dirt can be taken care of

Copy B = 7.5

also anyone ever get one of these graded before? i want to know what it costs to grade these? i'm unfamiliar with oversized book costs.

Depends on service level (I'd assume you would need to do Standard or Express for those books. I have one in right now (as do a lot of people).

Magazine Sized halfway down.

Copy A = 9.2 possibly better if the dirt can be taken care of

Copy B = 7.5

Depends on service level (I'd assume you would need to do Standard or Express for those books. I have one in right now (as do a lot of people).

Magazine Sized halfway down.

thanks, i don't know why i didn't look there first, lol. well i paid 60 for the mint one and 40 for the very fine copy. so express could definitely be a option considering how much i've got into them.

so i cleaned up the back covers a little bit, and was wondering if this changes anyone's opinions on the grades. most people were thinking 9.2 or 9.4 before on the high grade, and 6.6-7.5 on the mid grade. i was able to lift a lot of the soiling off the the back cover of both books, did i raise my grades on these now?

high grade before

mp4b_zpsc127d6f0.jpg

after

mp4highgradebackafter_zps84259af1.jpg

mid grade before

mp4-2b_zpse7a6940a.jpg

after

mp4midgradebackafter_zpsb55d5c60.jpg

so i cleaned up the back covers a little bit, and was wondering if this changes anyone's opinions on the grades. most people were thinking 9.2 or 9.4 before on the high grade, and 6.6-7.5 on the mid grade. i was able to lift a lot of the soiling off the the back cover of both books, did i raise my grades on these now?

Grades? No. Appearance? Yes. Technically, removal of dirt doesn't impact grade at all.

Grades? No. Appearance? Yes. Technically, removal of dirt doesn't impact grade at all.

lol. really? i had no idea. thought everything factors in. i always see mentions of soiling when ppl talk about grading.

lol. really? i had no idea. thought everything factors in. i always see mentions of soiling when ppl talk about grading.

Well, there's light soiling (which you have) and there's SOILING! (which you don't have) and then there's staining, and obvious STAINING!.

It's somewhat similar to the difference between a bend, a BEND!, a crease, and a CREASE! lol

well grading day at cgc, and i'm over the moon and a little disappointed at the same time, lol. way way more over the moon though by far.

sent them in magazine express almost 3 weeks ago, so i guess that's decent by cgc standards, even though i paid about 120 bucks for a 5 day turnaround. should hopefully get them back next week.

thanks to the guys who supplied their opinions. i'm still trying to wrap my brain around the 5.0, everyone seemed to think this was a 6.5 to 7.0 at the worst. i knew i was gambling by sending it in, but i figured i only got about 45 bucks into it, i should still break even on it. the 9.4 is more than i could have hoped for though.

387ebf79-ebcb-48ab-b0f8-12e61d6d14b1_zps55fcff44.png