• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM JIM #85

13 posts in this topic

Will be putting up a low to high grade JIM Thor run soon and this 1st Loki was one of the best of the bunch, so I thought I would ask for some opinions before I decide to throw it up raw on the boards or send it in to get slabbed. The book is white and tight! Im thinking somewhere between 8.5 to 9.2 although the spine is virtually tick free there is some very,very faint spine creasing going on in a couple of places, so I'm thinking that might keep it out of the 9.0/9.2 range. I could be wrong, I'm not sure, any thoughts from some knowledgeable collectors would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Added a link for close ups: http://s145.photobucket.com/user/CalValphotos/library/close%20ups

JIM85_zps7a6836f4.jpeg

JIM851_zpsfcc4020b.jpeg

It surely looks gorgeous at a glance. The pictures are a bit small, so we’d need higher resolution to see better.

If the cover lies perfectly flat I’d say 9.0 or 9.2 are not out of the question – great copy! :)

If you like, please grade my books… :foryou:

Bottom right corner looks a little too razor sharp..... :eek:

9.2/9.4 not sure if blue label though.

The pics were pulled pretty quickly sometime last night (presumably) and I never got to see them, but since I almost always agree with ACES - 9.2/9.4 it is... :sumo:

In hand, the book does measure exactly 6.75 x 10.25 the correct size for the period,

pages has the slight "V" formation at the top half of the book with slight overhang at the top that is typical. I am by no means an expert, yes it is razor sharp for a Silver but we all know razor sharp Silver and for that matter Gold books do exist. To me, in hand, and given the variables above and the collection it came from I don't think it's trimmed, course nothing is 100%.

For selling purposes I always have a full two week return policy, and if you decide to slab it and it comes back Purple I will refund and pay the CGC fees. :sumo:

In hand, the book does measure exactly 6.75 x 10.25 the correct size for the period,

pages has the slight "V" formation at the top half of the book with slight overhang at the top that is typical. I am by no means an expert, yes it is razor sharp for a Silver but we all know razor sharp Silver and for that matter Gold books do exist. To me, in hand, and given the variables above and the collection it came from I don't think it's trimmed, course nothing is 100%.

For selling purposes I always have a full two week return policy, and if you decide to slab it and it comes back Purple I will refund and pay the CGC fees. :sumo:

Like I said... hope I'm wrong. It is impossible to tell trimming from a scan so I probably am wrong.