• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is It Time For DC To Take A Break?

18 posts in this topic

they're carving tv now more.

arrow is a hit, smallville ran 10 years

gotham central coming soon, flash too.

i think teen titans might be too many characters for a movie.

i vote for adam strange or sandman. or a crazy weird one like lobo (the rock!).

no i think the fact that marvel showed how to make a shared universe is going to help WB/DC on making their own shared universe. just like it was WB/DC that showed the world that superheros can be great movies and help/ create the superheros gen we wouldn't be having all these awesome movies coming out.

You mean like Steel, Jonah Hex, Catwoman, and Green Lantern? I think sticking to the big two is working just fine for Warner Brothers.

exactly. tried and failed. of course, it's the Green Lantern mega-bomb that's going to keep them from trying this again anytime soon.

no i think the fact that marvel showed how to make a shared universe is going to help WB/DC on making their own shared universe. just like it was WB/DC that showed the world that superheros can be great movies and help/ create the superheros gen we wouldn't be having all these awesome movies coming out.

+ 1

:whee:

hex played like a straight western could work. teen titans, adam strange, unknown soldier, sandman, sandman mystery theatre would all be good in the right hands.

I'd love to see a Sandman Mystery Theatre TV series.

After throwing away plenty of solid opportunities to establish franchises, Marvel has given DC the kick in the pants it needs. And really, it is Warner Bros.'s fault what has taken place.

But there haves been plenty of good from DC such as the Batman Animated Series, loads of DC animated movies worth watching, and the periodic movie and TV hit. Series like 'Lois and Clark' ran for four seasons before there was even a 'Smallville' that ran for ten seasons. And I would say 'Arrow' is one of the new winners showing what DC can accomplish with the right creative guidance.

They need an overall Live Action Architect that would protect the DC brand and associated properties. This way, another 'Steel' or 'Catwoman' never happens again.

Bollocks.

DC ended their BIG TWO movies with Superman IV and Batman & Robin.

Marvel made great movies despite the monumental balls-up DC/Warner made of them.

They don't seem to be playing Marvel's game yet. They're likely waiting to see how well Ant Man and so on do before they break out their B listers

I don't follow what's going on with Warner/DC higher ups but if I was a big wig there, I'd be putting heads on the chopping block for allowing Marvel to eclipse them so badly in movies that it's shameful.

DC has a lot of egg on it's face and Marvel has basically moved light years ahead of them in sophistication and the way they have developed their franchise.

By the time DC gets to where Marvel is the entire genre could be over and gone the way of the Western and Tarzan. Still admired but long gone from the public center of attention.

Let's face it. They've F'd up huge.

They don't seem to be playing Marvel's game yet. They're likely waiting to see how well Ant Man and so on do before they break out their B listers

I don't follow what's going on with Warner/DC higher ups but if I was a big wig there, I'd be putting heads on the chopping block for allowing Marvel to eclipse them so badly in movies that it's shameful.

DC has a lot of egg on it's face and Marvel has basically moved light years ahead of them in sophistication and the way they have developed their franchise.

By the time DC gets to where Marvel is the entire genre could be over and gone the way of the Western and Tarzan. Still admired but long gone from the public center of attention.

Let's face it. They've F'd up huge.

I'd be surprised if shared universe Marvel movies last anywhere as long as the western has as a theater staple.