• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Expo 2014 convention report

526 posts in this topic

We sold a number of big books including:

AF 15

ASM 1

Hulk 1

Avengers 4

High grade Disneys and early Disneys always sell for me in Calgary. Not as many this year but still a fair number.

Box divers for Disneys, GA, DC, etc were not typical as previous years but we still sold quite a few.

CA keys flew out. I probably had 50 CA keys priced between $50 and $300 and brought home 2. If anyone has a large stash of these books I want them.

We took a ton of sets but they didn't sell very well. Partly because Marvel is king and our Marvel sets are picked over pretty bad. Partly because there were tons of guys selling sets this year.

We have set up in Calgary for a number of years and have built a reputation for fair prices and grading. I know there are a number of regular customers who look for us and usually buy from us. They may look and buy from other dealers but I think they trust us and give us the most consideration.

Boy the two of you better start drinking more milk.

That osteoporosis is getting bad.

Or maybe you are assuming the position for the next guy who comes in to buy from you?

:signfunny:

knees are sore? :devil:

Boy the two of you better start drinking more milk.

That osteoporosis is getting bad.

Or maybe you are assuming the position for the next guy who comes in to buy from you?

lol

Calgary and our sister city to the North, Edmonton, are growing rapidly. The skylines of both cities are clustered with cranes and there's a net growth of 50,000 to 100,000 people per year. Lots of high paying jobs and low unemployment rate thanks to the oil boom

calgary2014033.jpg

Ah, finally - another new tower has joined with the other tower. Calgary had talked long time in reviving up the East Village end there. As a former Calgarian, had enough of the six-months-long winter seasons every year! lol I'll see you next year for 2015 Calgary Comic Expo, think I'll visit the Peter's Drive-in for a bite! (:

due to current economic factors ( Oil prices very low ) I am wondering how it affects the 2016 Expo.

Calgary and our sister city to the North, Edmonton, are growing rapidly. The skylines of both cities are clustered with cranes and there's a net growth of 50,000 to 100,000 people per year. Lots of high paying jobs and low unemployment rate thanks to the oil boom

calgary2014033.jpg

Ah, finally - another new tower has joined with the other tower. Calgary had talked long time in reviving up the East Village end there. As a former Calgarian, had enough of the six-months-long winter seasons every year! lol I'll see you next year for 2015 Calgary Comic Expo, think I'll visit the Peter's Drive-in for a bite! (:

due to current economic factors ( Oil prices very low ) I am wondering how it affects the 2016 Expo.

I think the people will be stingy and spend their money wisely hope to see you all there work permitting :)

If sales are down it just means no excuses for you to not be chasing down cosplayers for pics to post in the Expo thread this year. :baiting::sumo:

If sales are down it just means no excuses for you to not be chasing down cosplayers for pics to post in the Expo thread this year. :baiting::sumo:

lol Swish

I imagine everything being overpriced due to more of our southern brethren being there due to cheaper flights/hotel/products

There will be two prices at our booth. The gouging prices that we offer books to Greggy at and then the normal, discounted prices for everyone else. :sumo:

lol Swish

I am just looking out for the boards here. You would not believe all of the hate mail we received due to Karl's lack of pics from last year's con.

I have other work to do. Seriously doubt I am taking pictures.

lol Swish

I am just looking out for the boards here. You would not believe all of the hate mail we received due to Karl's lack of pics from last year's con.

My better half has a camera and is a avid person watcher. I'll make sure she brings it ;)

Dave is retired now. You can take them, he can upload them. :baiting:

Dave is retired now. You can take them, he can upload them. :baiting:

Yep the 20 to 30 hours work uploading and creating / adding posts to a thread is what I can't commit to.