• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rare golden age comics titles

51 posts in this topic

virtually every single GA title has "rare" books worth $1000 or more...might as well list them all (thumbs u

lol I know but it's good to have a list in front of you when writing down key issues

Out of curiosity why are you making a list? As most have suggested that list already exists in a myriad of places in multiple formats? No need to reinvent the wheel (shrug)

why? because I rather have it in my hands and in a couple pages with me instead of having to take the overstreet price guide with me and yes I know that there are apps and phones and what not and I use that but to do that for every single thing would get annoying quickly and I learn best by seeing and doing that's just the type of person I am and I know people may think it's useless but that how I learn quickest!

virtually every single GA title has "rare" books worth $1000 or more...might as well list them all (thumbs u

lol I know but it's good to have a list in front of you when writing down key issues

Out of curiosity why are you making a list? As most have suggested that list already exists in a myriad of places in multiple formats? No need to reinvent the wheel (shrug)

why? because I rather have it in my hands and in a couple pages with me instead of having to take the overstreet price guide with me and yes I know that there are apps and phones and what not and I use that but to do that for every single thing would get annoying quickly and I learn best by seeing and doing that's just the type of person I am and I know people may think it's useless but that how I learn quickest!

Fair enough. I was just curious.

If you are making this list, you should probably list the minimum condition "threshold" in which the comics are valuable. Some books unless they are an 8.0 or higher hold little value, and others are worth 10k at a 0.5

So a possible necessity for your list may be to list said condition threshold as well

Just a thought :shrug:

If you are making this list, you should probably list the minimum condition "threshold" in which the comics are valuable. Some books unless they are an 8.0 or higher hold little value, and others are worth 10k at a 0.5

So a possible necessity for your list may be to list said condition threshold as well

Just a thought :shrug:

do you mean for this thread?

Maybe, but you mentioned using this as a list to bring with you instead of carrying overstreet with you, and to me it would make sense to have minimum acceptable condition component to the list as well.

Fair enough. I was just curious.

I thought only cats were curious (thus the need for nine lives), but I suppose there's more than one way for gators to have skin in the game, mixed metaphors notwithstanding. lol

I'm still waiting for my copies of this --

"Some books unless they are an 8.0 or higher hold little value"

-- to turn into this:

"others are worth 10k at a 0.5"

Please hurry, books!

-- to turn into this:

Please hurry, books!

You and me both! (thumbs u

Maybe, but you mentioned using this as a list to bring with you instead of carrying overstreet with you, and to me it would make sense to have minimum acceptable condition component to the list as well.

so how do you suggest I do it? can you give some examples?

-- to turn into this:

Please hurry, books!

lol me too!

You could add most early MLJ titles to your list.

Pep Comics

Jackpot Comics

Hangman Comics

BlackHood Comics

Shield Wizard Comics

Top Notch Comics

Blue Ribbon Comics

thanks I'll add these to the list!

He could add damn near every GA title to his list...I don't understand the point of this.

the point of this is to have a quick reference guide that will tell me key issues and titles to look for without having to check every single thing or having the os price guide with me all the time!