• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 3

2,686 posts in this topic

8.5 has been pressed. No big surprise.

How do you know this? Do you have the book in front of you? Have you seen the book? Have you seen the pressing? The answer is NO to all of these questions. You're just trading on rumor and innuendo.

You're welcome to your opinion, and feel free to investigate the book.

Maybe it has been pressed. Maybe it has been trimmed. But to emphatically state these things as fact is just [embarrassing lack of self control].You don't know if the book has been altered and until you do, stop saying it has.

When are you guys gonna' wake up? Look at the top edge of both. I'm stating that in my opinion the 8.5 received a nice healthy pressing.

And Ewert and Brulato and Storms are more than happy to file a lawsuit against me. Okay? How long are you dopes gonna' dance around the maypole?

Besides, there's nothing wrong with pressing, right? So why the hysteria?

How do you know this? Do you have the book in front of you? Have you seen the book? Have you seen the pressing? The answer is NO to all of these questions. You're just trading on rumor and innuendo.

Maybe it has been pressed. Maybe it has been trimmed. But to emphatically state these things as fact is just [embarrassing lack of self control].You don't know if the book has been altered and until you do, stop saying it has.

Maybe it has been trimmed? I'm as sure that it has been trimmed as I am sure that your brother shill bids your auctions for you.

When are you guys gonna' wake up? Look at the top edge of both. I'm stating that in my opinion the 8.5 received a nice healthy pressing.

So, your opinion is that the FF 3 in question was pressed to lower the grade on the book. And, it is your opinion that somebody altered this book between the time it was sold on Heritage and the time it showed up on Bob's site. And it is your opinion that the book in question no longer has cleaned staples. And it is your opinion that somebody either replaced the staples or CGC missed the staple replacement. And finally, it is your opinion that the book has been trimmed, and that CGC missed the trimming (although they did give the book a lower grade). Do I have all of your opinions right? Remember, opinions are NOT FACTS.

That is correct. It's my opinion. And a Universal Blue 8.5 is worth much more than a Restored 9.0. I need to do the math for you?

Okay, lets stop the dance. Who are you accusing? Stop beating around the bush, and come out and say it. Who did the work on the book? Was it

1) Ewert

2) Brulato

3) Storms

Pick one.

Couldn't say. Just giving you my opinion on the scans. You want to make this seem like a witchhunt but it's not. It's not personal. It's consumer protectionism at it's finest. headbang.gif

Couldn't say. Just giving you my opinion on the scans. You want to make this seem like a witchhunt but it's not. It's not personal. It's consumerism at it's finest. headbang.gif

27_laughing.gif

So lets summarize:

RedHook: Believes the book has been trimmed and pressed, based on a thorough review of scans.

FlyingDonut: Believes the book probably has been trimmed and pressed, but doesn't want to state these things as fact, mainly because he hasn't seen the book.

BlazingBob: Wakes up in the morning to see a thread blasting his new ten thousand dollar purchase and has to spend the rest of the day chasing down the previous owners of his book in order to protect his reputation because of a internet rumor that could have been solved through a phone call.

Sounds like consumerism at its best to me!

Couldn't say. Just giving you my opinion on the scans. You want to make this seem like a witchhunt but it's not. It's not personal. It's consumerism at it's finest. headbang.gif

27_laughing.gif

So lets summarize:

RedHook: Believes the book has been trimmed and pressed, based on a thorough review of scans.

FlyingDonut: Believes the book probably has been trimmed and pressed, but doesn't want to state these things as fact, mainly because he hasn't seen the book.

BlazingBob: Wakes up in the morning to see a thread blasting his new ten thousand dollar purchase and has to spend the rest of the day chasing down the previous owners of his book in order to protect his reputation because of a internet rumor that could have been solved through a phone call.

It is. I work with digital images everyday. Sometimes you can't be sure. I'm sure. Better Bob should have never had this pointed out to him, and then gotten bit in the asss later on by a disgruntled buyer? This way he's been alerted, can get the backstory, and hopefully a refund if things do indeed turn out as has been shown here.

Besides....there's only one book involved. You're not comparing two items. Books don't mysteriously drop a 1/16th of an inch. And what are the odds that someone would go to the trouble of trimming the book and then not following through with a nice neat pressing?

Get real.

27_laughing.gif

So lets summarize:

It is. I work with digital images everyday. Sometimes you can't be sure. I'm sure. Better Bob should have never had this pointed out to him, and then gotten bit in the asss later on by a disgruntled buyer? This way he's been alerted, can get the backstory, and hopefully a refund if things do indeed turn out as has been shown here.

Besides....there's only one book involved. You're not comparing two items. Books don't mysteriously drop a 1/16th of an inch. And what are the odds that someone would go to the trouble of trimming the book and then not following through with a nice neat pressing?

Get real.

Read your PM.

I am personally thankful people are pointing out these cases. I really shows the side of the hobby I hate. I think keeping all a secret and not letting others in on what is going on helps propagate these type of incidents. I have no idea when the book was altered and by who (I would love to know). I wouldn't even speculate on what exactly happened. Looking at the scans, it is pretty clear they are the same book. No question. Thanks to the detective that pointed this out!

And of course, what I said is so much different than what was posted in this thread before I even started reading it......

Abrams: I suspect that this book has been slighty trimmed along the bottom edge.

Jeffreykli: If it's the same book, then the bottom edge has been trimmed.

JiveTurkeyMofo: I think he is right...the bottom edge appears different.

sfilosa: I would definitely expect that the book had been pressed.

TomMurname: It is obviously trimmed. No "ifs" about it.

Burntboy: That bottom edge "business" on the left corner seems to have been mostly trimmed away and is now absolutely straight.

So Donut, anything you want to say to me, you can say right here in the thread. I stand by my opinion. I never said who did what. It's the dealers responsibility to practice due diligence when making purchases like this. I don't go looking through Bob's books looking for "suspects". I did not start this thread. I examined the scans very closely and gave my opinion.

You should be the last one going ethical and moralistic on someone. You're full of it. Have fun at the pool.

I am personally thankful people are pointing out these cases. I really shows the side of the hobby I hate. I think keeping all a secret and not letting others in on what is going on helps propagate these type of incidents. I have no idea when the book was altered and by who (I would love to know). I wouldn't even speculate on what exactly happened. Looking at the scans, it is pretty clear they are the same book. No question. Thanks to the detective that pointed this out!

Welcome to the Force, Abrams..... thumbsup2.gif

abramsbadge.jpg