• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 3

2,686 posts in this topic

However, this "police" force seems to come in with "He's guilty because we say so".
Again I don't think anyone is saying YOUR guilty confused.gif

But what I got was that whether Bob performed the work or not, people were inferring that he's "guilty" for having the book on his site in the first place.

That was my issue, and apparently I was wrong and got bent out of shape for no reason. My apologies for getting everybody's panties in a wad. sorry.gif

...can you feel the love around here right now??? Can you FEEL it???

awwwwwwwww.

i will express my thoughts tomorrow when i'm sober.

just got back from playing a great round of golf with three close buds. it was HOT out there and drank many, many beers.

but you guys need to get off Reds . he isn't passing judgement - just passing out FACTS. i'll go this far tonight; if you don't believe that book was worked on - you have your head up your ................................not saying who's responsible, but wake up!!!!!!!!..................Harry.......................Nuff said............

Personally...I can't wait to see what comes of this.

CGC misses cleaned staples on the 1st submission, then they miss them again the 3rd time.....along with trimming?

I wonder if the bottom edge was 'aged' like the Batman 11 was. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

awwwwwwwww.

just got back from playing a great round of gold with three close buds. it was HOT out there and drank many, many beers.

but you guys need to get off Reds . he isn't passing judgement - just passing out FACTS. i'll go this far tonight; if you don't believe that book was worked on - you have your head up your ................................not saying who's responsible, but wake up!!!!!!!!..................Harry.......................Nuff said............

I'm just quoting you in case you sober up and edit your post! 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

awwwwwwwww.

just got back from playing a great round of gold with three close buds. it was HOT out there and drank many, many beers.

I'm just quoting you in case you sober up and edit your post! 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Normally the "police" operate under a innocent until proven guilty. I believe evidence is gathered first. Normally they speak to the "suspect". However, this "police" force seems to come in with "He's guilty because we say so". It's no wonder very few dealers bother to respond on this site.

Bob, I haven't seen anyone jumping on you at all, or accusing you of any wrong-doing. The book in question just happened to be on your site, just as the next one could be on ComicLink, Pedigree, Metro, etc.

awwwwwwwww.

I agree, and Bob should in no way feel he is being lynched on these boards; he is the last dealer I, and many other Forumites, would ever expect any shady stuff from.

And while I can't comment on the cleaned staples, I can understand missing the trimming on this book. 1962 to early 1963 Marvels are notorious for having different factory cuts, with small, but definite differences in overall size. Compare a dozen certified Universal issues of FF 12 or JIM 83 and you'll see what I mean. I think its easier to get a tiny trim job past CGC because of this. Not a defense of CGC mind you, but I can understand how it went undetected.

This looks like a Mexican standoff to me because there is no evidence as to who commited the fraud.

This is easy, the Cert # tells who submitted it.

ahhhhhh...I HADN'T THOUGHT OF THAT.

BUT I WOULD DOUBT THAT CGC WOULD REVEAL THE PERPETRAITOR.

THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION , I WOULD IMAGINE.

It all depends on how far this goes, as CGC would be required to give up the identity if the legal system or gov't got involved.

Yeah, I imagine CGC wouldn't turn over the name voluntarily but if an OSC was served upon them, it could get interesting. I would love to see that happen.

It all depends on how far this goes, as CGC would be required to give up the identity if the legal system or gov't got involved.

Yeah, I imagine CGC wouldn't turn over the name voluntarily but if an OSC was served upon them, it could get interesting. I would love to see that happen.

You know....even I think you guys are getting a little carried away.

awwwwwwwww.

just got back from playing a great round of golf with three close buds. it was HOT out there and drank many, many beers.

you are drunk. insane.gif

awwwwwwwww.

perhaps...................

awwwwwwwww.

perhaps...................

I used to drunken post all the time. What better time to tell everyone how you really feel....poke2.gif

yeahok.gif

I'm *sure* that pretty soon we'll hear about ATF agents getting into a stand-off outside CGC headquarters, deamnding they release the name of the submitter.

You know....even I think you guys are getting a little carried away.

I think you're the one getting carried away. A simple question was asked, and I answered - nothing more, but if you actually think the FBI is going to visit Bob, then screwy.gif