• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS FAN CLUB - 1978

25 posts in this topic

I think I became a member around 1980 you got a small newsletter called Bantha Tracks. Had some really cool articles.

Ah Bantha Tracks... And the Star Wars Insider...

I think I was, but can't be sure. I do remember getting a packet in the mail with several things in it, most of which I didn't care about, but it did include a very cool painted image of an xwing in the trench with tie fighters behind it blasting green laser bolts. I'm thinking that was the star wars fan club, because doing a bing image search on "star wars fan club 1978" brings that image up as the first hit:

848ccde5bfef27c2a908579dba8dc3e4.jpg

I think I was, but can't be sure. I do remember getting a packet in the mail with several things in it, most of which I didn't care about, but it did include a very cool painted image of an xwing in the trench with tie fighters behind it blasting green laser bolts. I'm thinking that was the star wars fan club, because doing a bing image search on "star wars fan club 1978" brings that image up as the first hit:

Looks like my commute to work everyday.

BTW as Bantha Tracks evolved into the Star Wars Insider it gives me an excuse to post one of the best covers that they produced for the publication...

120829-47849-homage-covers.jpg

Obi-Wan Kenobi tribute to Byrne's X-men 141 cover?

I used to have 30 Star Wars t-shirt iron-ons but I could not afford the official Lucas Films :boo: white t-shirts being a young, poor padiwan.

West End Games used that pic for the box art on Star Warriors in '87 :) Well, reversed. Still love that game :cloud9:

Looks like my commute to work everyday.

"Almost there..."

If "tribute" is defined as "blatant rip-off", then yes.

Homage... I think in the magazine itself they mentioned that the cover was an homage to X-Men 141. No one rips off ideas in comics. They pay homage to them. Next you will tell me that inkers are nothing more than tracers.

Chasing-Amy3.jpg

I was six or seven when the fan club started and although I was a big time Star Wars fan, I strangely enough never joined the fan club.

Anyone play the Lucas Arts PC games? X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter :headbang:

If "tribute" is defined as "blatant rip-off", then yes.

dang JC, you're getting a little edgy.

did grandma raise the rent on that room in the basement???