• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 271 vs Marvel Spotlight 6

11 posts in this topic

Clearly Hulk 271 has a huge lead but do you think Marvel Spotlight 6 can close some of the gap?

Hulk 271 seems to be banking on some little people going crazy for a gun toting, wise cracking raccoon but so far the limited previews are showing a wisecracking Star-lord and the dude is funny. Once the CGI is done I'm betting we will see more of the raccoon.

Both comics have similarities in that they were both obscure characters and the true first appearance is in magazine format. Both will almost completely rely on hype but it should be an interesting battle. Thoughts?

Marvel Preview 4 is the first Starlord and it has a sweet pin-up on the inside cover by Wrightson. Marvel Spotlight on Star Lord 6 goes for about $25 on the Bay.

Really? I've bought and seen a few more locally for ~$5-8

Marvel Preview 4 is the first Starlord and it has a sweet pin-up on the inside cover by Wrightson. Marvel Spotlight on Star Lord 6 goes for about $25 on the Bay.

Marvel Preview 4 currently on myComicshop.com for 524.95 in 9.2

http://mycomicshop.com/search?TID=182091

Clearly Hulk 271 has a huge lead but do you think Marvel Spotlight 6 can close some of the gap?

Hulk 271 seems to be banking on some little people going crazy for a gun toting, wise cracking raccoon but so far the limited previews are showing a wisecracking Star-lord and the dude is funny. Once the CGI is done I'm betting we will see more of the raccoon.

Both comics have similarities in that they were both obscure characters and the true first appearance is in magazine format. Both will almost completely rely on hype but it should be an interesting battle. Thoughts?

Funny story...

In the summer of 1990, I was working in Berkeley, so I'd visit Comics & Comix on Telegraph frequently. I had just gotten into comics. I had heard that "Marvel Spotlight #5-11 were realllllly hot, because of Ghost Rider"....so, I went upstairs to their back issues, and checked for myself.

I saw their Marvel Spotlights, but couldn't figure out where Ghost Rider was in any of them. But, I bought them anyway, because hey, what did I know?

Glad they're FINALLY worth something... lol

Funny story...

In the summer of 1990, I was working in Berkeley, so I'd visit Comics & Comix on Telegraph frequently. I had just gotten into comics. I had heard that "Marvel Spotlight #5-11 were realllllly hot, because of Ghost Rider"....so, I went upstairs to their back issues, and checked for myself.

I saw their Marvel Spotlights, but couldn't figure out where Ghost Rider was in any of them. But, I bought them anyway, because hey, what did I know?

Glad they're FINALLY worth something... lol

:signfunny:

Might never be Ghost Rider special but just hold onto them for a few months longer..

Buy them if you see them. There are a lot of folks who are probably kicking themselves over passing over Hulk 271s in the bargain bins and look at them now.

And Marvel Preview 4 is way expensive and likely to get pricier. I don't own one but I would like to. For now I would buy the heck out of Marvel Spotlight 6 when I can. I bought a few on the Bay at 5 bucks last year but they are ranging from 20 to 30 bucks in ok condition now.

Wow that comic (Marvel Spotlight #6) is hot too? And I thought I bought Drek when I completed Marvel Spotlight (second series) #1-11. Maybe my buy everything collecting style is not so dumb. hm

Come on Marvel....we need a Power Man and Iron Fist and Master of Kung Fu movies! Both those great series could use a movie hype kick in back issue sales! :sumo::popcorn: