• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where is the Etiquette in eBay?

40 posts in this topic

I sold three items to the winner on April 22 but the winner has not paid. I emailed him twice. His rely was "I have a serious health problem in my family. I will try to do my best to pay."

I know him from last year after he bought my few items but he kept delaying to pay those items by two or three weeks. I emailed him. He said same thing -- "I have a serious health problem in my family." Forced him to pay and he paid right away but I didn't want to force him again at this time.

One thing is that has bothered me. Was he saying true about his family or was he using the same excuse? I remembered he has over 4700 feedbacks last year and now he has over 5100 feedbacks. Why bother to buy more comic books while his family health issues? Medical bills are extremely expensive. How can he afford buying more books?

Where is the etiquette in eBay? eBay allows all buyers to pay the items up to 34 days!!! What is your thought? I hate to open the cases that can drive them away.

One time, he told me that eBay allows them to pay within three weeks but I needed money! I won't mention his eBay ID.

block him

I felt like to block him but he paid a lot of money. That is a problem.

Other annoyance from him....he never left me a single positive feedback in three years!!

Always sucks to lose a (kind of?) customer, but if this happens every time he buys a book from you it doesn't seem worth it. Somebody else will buy the books

Man, I would open a case and call it a day, that's too long IMO, I don't know what the exact ebay rule is though

My opinion is that 34 days is way too much. He has abused it.

Yes, I would agree, contact ebay and discuss your options with them, if okay cancel transaction and contact buyer that you need immediate payment due to family emergency

I've had my best customer spend over $10,000 with me in the past 10 months or so. He always paid, but always paid late...sometimes a few weeks late (I ask for payment within 3 days of auction end). This past go-around he won 3 books totaling nearly $1,000 and I waited over 3 weeks for payment, to no avail. All my messages went unanswered...even after I finally filed unpaid item cases for all 3 books. I finally just got the fee credit on all three books and blocked him. I can't deal with the stress when I do this to support my family, not even if he "eventually" pays. My monthly bills don't give me that luxury...why should I have to do that with a customer of mine?

One of his best excuses was that he was late because he was on the road and "left the credit card he uses at home" (when he's always paid via Paypal). If the card is on file in your Paypal account you don't physically need it on you, so if you had time to send me that message about it you had time to log in to Paypal and pay me.

Peace,

Chip

One of the reasons that I rarely sell on eBay is because I don't want to deal with wasters like that. I really don't need that kind of customer even if they do pay up eventually.

I would've blocked the guy after the first time. Now, I would just force him to pay up and then block him. Believing that he's not paying straight away because of family health issues after he used that excuse last time is very naive,

Put in your auction description and eBay invoice the expected payment time frame such as "payment due within 7 days" , send a reminder in the 6th or 7th day and if no response by the 8th then file for FVF credit, most wil pay by that point and you have established an expectation of when payment is due.

I've had my best customer spend over $10,000 with me in the past 10 months or so. He always paid, but always paid late...sometimes a few weeks late (I ask for payment within 3 days of auction end). This past go-around he won 3 books totaling nearly $1,000 and I waited over 3 weeks for payment, to no avail. All my messages went unanswered...even after I finally filed unpaid item cases for all 3 books. I finally just got the fee credit on all three books and blocked him. I can't deal with the stress when I do this to support my family, not even if he "eventually" pays. My monthly bills don't give me that luxury...why should I have to do that with a customer of mine?

One of his best excuses was that he was late because he was on the road and "left the credit card he uses at home" (when he's always paid via Paypal). If the card is on file in your Paypal account you don't physically need it on you, so if you had time to send me that message about it you had time to log in to Paypal and pay me.

Peace,

Chip

I would need $1000! He owes me merely $109. I can wait but the annoyance goes on from the same person. (thumbs u

One of the reasons that I rarely sell on eBay is because I don't want to deal with wasters like that. I really don't need that kind of customer even if they do pay up eventually.

I would've blocked the guy after the first time. Now, I would just force him to pay up and then block him. Believing that he's not paying straight away because of family health issues after he used that excuse last time is very naive,

Everyone is right about blocking him. I will give him few more days and see what happens. I will update with you soon.

One week and the take some sort of action.

I usually wait a week and open up a case. I've never had a problem with repeat buyers, though, as I am strictly small-time. Still, this guy doesn't sound like he's worth the hassle.

I open cases after 3 days, if they don't wanna pay, then i want a refund from ebay.

Give a guy at least til payday.

Thats why the case won't close till after 7 days, not my fault he doesnt have the $$

I open cases after 3 days, if they don't wanna pay, then i want a refund from ebay.

Give a guy at least til payday.

Thats why the case won't close till after 7 days, not my fault he doesnt have the $$

Ebay understands!!! That's all that matters.