• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my first golden age archie comics

24 posts in this topic

my camera isn't the best but since people think I'm a troll or don't think I'm being serious I'm going to upload the archie comics I bought recently

goldenagearchiecomics4.jpg

goldenagearchiecomics3-1.jpg

goldenagearchiecomics2-1.jpg

goldenagearchiecomics1-1.jpg

low grade goodness, early Archies certainly have a lot of charm. Keep your eyes peeled for classic issues like #50 and #47.

I agree they do have a lot of charm and there a great read, and if I get a #47 or #50 I'll be able to join the archie club

my camera isn't the best but since people think I'm a troll or don't think I'm being serious I'm going to upload the archie comics I bought recently

goldenagearchiecomics3.jpg

goldenagearchiecomics2.jpg

goldenagearchiecomics1.jpg

Nice! I think they're fun to look at in any condition. Thanks for sharing!

For some reason Archie comics make me think questionable thoughts about the things Archie does with Betty and Veronica when he's not being chronicled in comics panels.

yeah it makes me think about that too lol especially when he's home alone with them or goes off to the beach with the somewhere!

I highly recommend not buying Archie comics as they become quite addictive :o.

I caught the bug because of a tall texan when I bought my 1st issue pre 50.

lol I love archies but unfortunately I can only buy what I can afford so no problems there!

lol I love archies but unfortunately I can only buy what I can afford so no problems there!

Nice pick ups. No shame in low grade or buying what you can afford.

Here is a scan of the one I bought from the Tall Texan. I have been slowly picking up issues here and there. I would love to do 1 to 50.

ARCHIE_48.jpg

nice pick up lol you can tell what betty was thinking about!

Nice pick ups. No shame in low grade or buying what you can afford.

thanks for cheering me up, it's one of my ultimate goals to work my way up to a million dollar comic book

I just love the artwork and coloring on the early Archies. I love the thick lines they used and the covers were always interesting which would make you think "that looks cool". My biggest regret was not buying all the Archies from an OO collection I looked at about 25 years ago. :sorry:

Here is a scan of the one I bought from the Tall Texan. I have been slowly picking up issues here and there. I would love to do 1 to 50.

ARCHIE_48.jpg

nice pick up lol you can tell what betty was thinking about!

In Betty and Me #40, she comes close to actually following through. That's the issue where she and Archie spend the night in a motel.

Betty and Me #40

Good luck in the collecting process! Archie's are fun to collect.

low grade goodness, early Archies certainly have a lot of charm. Keep your eyes peeled for classic issues like #50 and #47.

+1

If you like GA Archies (but find it difficult to afford the early and key issues) I'd recommend this...

http://www.amazon.com/Archie-Firsts-Vic-Bloom/dp/1595825711

Basically, it chronicles the first appearances of Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead and Reggie.