• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Favorite Art,Drawing or story by Rob Liefeld?
1 1

890 posts in this topic

I'm not sure ill ever understand the amount of grief Liefeld gets as an artist. I think its pretty obvious that he's made a lot of mistakes, but I also find a lot of his work enjoyable.

I think it was that Cap cover that sealed his fate.

I'm not sure ill ever understand the amount of grief Liefeld gets as an artist. I think its pretty obvious that he's made a lot of mistakes, but I also find a lot of his work enjoyable.

His work was pretty krappy way before that piece 2c

And a good chunk of Art Adams' work goes quite overboard. His best period was about 1987-1989. After that, he got lazy. ;)

Adams is a perfect example of your double standard:)

Adams' early work and mistakes can be excused because his later work is better.

Liefeld's early work and mistakes cannot be excused because his later work was worse.

Adams could never hit deadlines but that's fine because he produced 25 pieces/year.

Liefeld could never hit deadlines and that's horrible because he only produced 150 pieces/year.

Adams' draws everyone with clenched fists and that's fine, because hands are not important in comics.

Liefeld draws everyone with stub-feet and that's horrible because feet are the most vital part of comics.

Oooohhh, c'mon everyone, let's play "count the clenched fists"!

tumblr_mz2r36dySl1rom810o5_1280.jpg

Art+Adams+tpb+cover.jpg

ArtAdamsXMenPoster1.jpg

I never understood Iceman-there's not enough moisture in the air to make those ice bridges, and what the hell pushes them forward? If it's just ice growing he would still have to run along it-it's not rocket ice. Also, it would break off every few feet.....plus, broken chunks of ice would fall down on citizens, leading to injuries, death, and lawsuits.

i have never had a problem about the length of the legs of Liefeld's drawings

Yay!

long appendages, big hands, feet and heads doesn't bother me as long as it is consistant

i have never had a problem about the length of the legs of Liefeld's drawings

Yay!

long appendages, big hands, feet and heads doesn't bother me as long as it is consistant

Yeah Cable seems to change size more than Giant Man/Shade the Changing Man

And a good chunk of Art Adams' work goes quite overboard. His best period was about 1987-1989. After that, he got lazy. ;)

Liefeld's early work and mistakes cannot be excused because his later work was worse.

Adams could never hit deadlines but that's fine because he produced 25 pieces/year.

Liefeld could never hit deadlines and that's horrible because he only produced 150 pieces/year.

Adams' draws everyone with clenched fists and that's fine, because hands are not important in comics.

Liefeld draws everyone with stub-feet and that's horrible because feet are the most vital part of comics.

Oooohhh, c'mon everyone, let's play "count the clenched fists"!

tumblr_mz2r36dySl1rom810o5_1280.jpg

Art+Adams+tpb+cover.jpg

ArtAdamsXMenPoster1.jpg

This isn't a thread about Art Adams. Go start one of those elsewhere if you want to discuss him.

-slym

If you try to straw man art adams RMA is gonna whip out his calender again....

This isn't a thread about Art Adams. Go start one of those elsewhere if you want to discuss him.

-slym

The thread is titled "Re: What is your Favorite Art,Drawing or story by Rob Liefeld?".

Given that the vast majority of posts have had nothing to do with that, I'm not sure I see your point.

-slym

The thread is titled "Re: What is your Favorite Art,Drawing or story by Rob Liefeld?".

Given that the vast majority of posts have had nothing to do with that, I'm not sure I see your point.

BAZINGA!

I am pretty sure most posts are about Rob Liefeld, the artist in question. I am not sure what your point in bringing up a completely different artist is.

I am sure if someone started a "What is your Favorite Art, Drawing, or Story by Art Adams?" and people starting critiquing his art on both sides, no one would bring up Rob Liefeld.

:shrug:

-slym

-slym

BAZINGA!

Stick your "bazinga" up your where it belongs.

-slym

-slym

BAZINGA!

Stick your "bazinga" up your where it belongs.

-slym

hee hee

That one is hard to look at.

That one is hard to look at.

How does he even use a urinal?? HOW?????

I am pretty sure most posts are about Rob Liefeld, the artist in question. I am not sure what your point in bringing up a completely different artist is.

I am sure if someone started a "What is your Favorite Art, Drawing, or Story by Art Adams?" and people starting critiquing his art on both sides, no one would bring up Rob Liefeld.

-slym

Have you read the thread? I've repeatedly pointed out that it's a topic meant to discuss YOUR FAVORITE LIEFELD ART.

It's NOT a thread about "rant about Liefeld" or even "let's discuss the merits of Liefeld's art" or anything that might invite the kind of negativity being expressed. There are plenty of other forums already for that:)

Instead, for those of us who actually like Liefeld and wanted to discuss it, we've had the eternal peanut gallery chiming in with all of their negative comments that have nothing to do with favorite art.

So since the entire thread has devolved into people nitpicking Liefeld's every line, it's entirely fair game to point out other artists who have similar weaknesses that are conveniently ignored or overlooked and held to a different standard.

If you want to step in and moderate a forum do it when things first start to go off the rails, not when the moss has already grown over the bodies.

-slym

Have you read the thread? I've repeatedly pointed out that it's a topic meant to discuss YOUR FAVORITE LIEFELD ART.

It's NOT a thread about "rant about Liefeld" or even "let's discuss the merits of Liefeld's art" or anything that might invite the kind of negativity being expressed. There are plenty of other forums already for that:)

Instead, for those of us who actually like Liefeld and wanted to discuss it, we've had the eternal peanut gallery chiming in with all of their negative comments that have nothing to do with favorite art.

So since the entire thread has devolved into people nitpicking Liefeld's every line, it's entirely fair game to point out other artists who have similar weaknesses that are conveniently ignored or overlooked and held to a different standard.

If you want to step in and moderate a forum do it when things first start to go off the rails, not when the moss has already grown over the bodies.

BAZINGA!

What you cannot grasp...and is the foundation of this entire debate...is that Art Adams understands the basic principles of art.

Rob Liefeld does not.

Everything else...all your poses, and plots, and lamps....is just window dressing.

There is no "double standard." For there to be a double standard, Liefeld would have to understand and apply the basic principles of art. He does not.

And really....you really need to stop trying to put "words" in people's "mouths", and then arguing against those positions (hopefully, you've learned what a strawman argument is by now.)

No one said that Art Adams doesn't have the problems you have stated he has. But that doesn't validate Liefeld. "Art Adams gets away with it, why not Liefeld?" is not a legitimate defense of Rob Liefeld's skill.

It's what children do to deflect blame to their siblings.

None of Liefeld's work can be excused. None of it. The best pieces you've shown...that you've put up as the BEST examples of Liefeld's work...are messes.

You've made a valiant attempt, but you have no foundation to stand on.