• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask me anything and get to know me
1 1

409 posts in this topic

the natives are a lot more hostile in CG. prepare for the worst :eek:

that's doesn't sound too good lol

consider yourself warned :fear:

I pm a mod and notified them about this thread so that they can move it!

Honest question. Do you really think that people on this site are really going to pay you to sell their books? I could understand if you were a big named comic dealer or one of the trusted members of the boards that fly all around the country going to conventions or something but that is not the case. What economical (or common sense) would it make for them to do that?

This is awesome. The link to the consignment request is great. I would've never seen it otherwise.

I'll ask, like others have, what services do you provide for your 20%?

hey guys I decided to make this thread because of the previous posts I made with consignments wanted, x-men 1 for sale and so on so I will take the best advice that someone gave me on this forum. I will prove myself to be trustworthy by making transactions with people and also since people don't really know who I am or anything about me so I decided that you can ask me anything to get to know me better!

Comic Book Consignments Wanted

Hi, I'm looking for comic book consignments so that I can make some extra cash to pay the bills.

Why Trust Me?

- I have 51 100% positive feedbacks and ebay as a trusted seller

- I have a high morale compass, I once found a man's wallet with $2000 dollars in it plus id and I gave it back to him once I found him

- I am a honest person and would never steal your items that you would send me because that would just be stupid I would never have your business again!

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574961614&toolid=10001&campid=53368242145336824214&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Ffeedback.ebay.ca%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewFeedback2%26userid%3Duchihadesendent%26ftab%3DAllFeedback

Commissions

- I take 20% commissions on all items

Shipping: You ship the items to and pay for shipping yourself so that there will not be any problems

I am not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items during the process of shipping as it is out of my control

Payments: I will only pay you by Paypal right now and you will be paid as soon as I get the money in my account, once I become more comfortable will this I will add more payment options

Email: sonicninja05@yahoo.ca

Cell Phone: 705 852 0977

anyone who is outside of Canada please just email me as long distances charges are ridiculous!

If you have any questions or concerns email me, pm me or give me a call!

Cheers,

Gabriel Kawa

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Gabriel, you need to seriously rethink this strategy.

Facepalm-smiley-animated.gif

Glad that I carry with me my personal 'bulldetector' everywhere I go ...

well I said I'm going to let everyone get to know me and start buy and selling on here so that people trust me!

Where in Ontario are you?

Honestly, nobody is going to trust you to send you their books for quite a while. You need to start building some sort of a following, and that includes dealing with people, setting up at shows, meeting people in person...that sort of thing.

What you're asking right now is akin to asking a perfect stranger on facebook to hold a bag of money for you. Ain't gonna happen.

I live in Wawa, Ontario

Vintage Roy, the Super Boy, is absolutely right. He's been a regular on these boards for 10 years and has nearly seventy thousand posts under his belt. As a dealer from Canada he either attends or sets-up at numerous event shows in the States. He built trust from the ground up, but don't kid yourself, everyone here works at it. You've only been here a month.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're apparently trying to start a business as a comic broker in a hobby that's already full of middle men. I admire your enthusiasm, but auction houses have that side of the business pretty much locked. Also, many of the folks on these boards are either established dealers or experienced traders. These guys need comic book mid-wives like graded books need CVA. IOW, you're trying to offer an after-market service that most folks will deem unnecessary.

This is all meant as food for thought in explaining some of the amused reactions to your posts. No one is dissing your sincerity or ambition, but ebay creds won't open many doors. Most folks here have high positive feedback scores, some in the many thousands, so I sincerely doubt that 51 is gonna blow anyone's skirt up.

BTW, thank you for returning my wallet (just kidding). ;)

I think you're going to have much better luck if you start doing some buying and selling here. Transactions lead to communications which can lead to relationships. I've never been so overwhelmed by anything that I've tried to seek someone out to sell it for me, let alone at a 20% cut. I also have to say that your age may be a hard sell too.

I recommend you read more and post less. Do some lurking and as had been mentioned spend some time at conventions actually meeting people. This is an excellent place to build a solid reputation but you need to start by accepting that you're going to need to invest some serious time and effort in doing so.