• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask me anything and get to know me
1 1

409 posts in this topic

how would you store any consigned comics?

what security measures are taken to protect comics?

what type of insurance would you provide for comics?

what type of education do you have? (photography? marketing? web skills? language skills?)

what experience do you have in consigning comics?

what connections do you have with dealers?

20% after expenses? before? what about taxes? US and Canadian? What about paypal translation fees?

I'm sure you've obviously already thought of all of these things and already answered elsewhere, so if someone could please direct me, I'd appreciate it.

:juggle:

Agreed. I think the security/insurance question is the one that still remains to be addressed. I think he's made it clear he doesnt have any specific or unique contacts with dealers or other markets, nor does he have experience. And the education question may be self evident, but I'll let him answer it.

This is a thread for CG, not Gold ... sorry.

Agreed, should be moved.

A tip for you Uchiha, spamming multiple threads to say how trustworthy you are does not scream trustworthiness, but desperation to win a popularity contest with no other competitors.

If you want trust, you have to earn it and this is not the way.

Truly Trustful people use more Capital Letters. The most truly trusted use nothing but capital letters. Its an easy way to judge ones trustfulness. Picked this up off the internet, so you know it be true.

Seriously, who in their right mind would send you their comics?

You need to reconsider your career options.

right now no one but there should be someone on here willing to give me a chance and I've already considered my career options being a voice actor and during slow days I want to sell comics, coins, video games so that when I'm not making money in one area I'll make extra income in another!

Good luck. I know I am not interested in sending my comics to:

A. Someone I don't know

B. Someone with no history of selling comics

C. Someone who has no knowledge of comics

D. Someone who comes on a message board soliciting strangers to ask questions about their life so they can get people to send them comics

E. Someone who wants 20% when I can sell my comics myself here and on ebay.

F. Someone who isn't one of the major auction houses or reputable dealers we know

Just some reasons why I won't be doing business with you. But, best of luck

thanks!

How is this any different than what people could do themselves?

You really are trying to sell this service to the exact wrong audience. This board is filled with high level buyers, sellers and dealers - that do this on a regular basis on their own.

If you want to consign things - you need to go local - find friends and contacts that really do not want to be bothered with trying to move their old comics.

@OP

above post ... ^^

I will that's the next thing on this list but even if I did sell stuff for other people how would I be able to prove it?

You really are trying to sell this service to the exact wrong audience. This board is filled with high level buyers, sellers and dealers - that do this on a regular basis on their own.

If you want to consign things - you need to go local - find friends and contacts that really do not want to be bothered with trying to move their old comics.

@OP

above post ... ^^

I will that's the next thing on this list but even if I did sell stuff for other people how would I be able to prove it?

receipts, photos, and a paper trail would be nice.

what type of education do you have? (photography? marketing? web skills? language skills?)

20% after expenses? before? what about taxes? US and Canadian? What about paypal translation fees?

I'm sure you've obviously already thought of all of these things and already answered elsewhere, so if someone could please direct me, I'd appreciate it.

Agreed. I think the security/insurance question is the one that still remains to be addressed. I think he's made it clear he doesnt have any specific or unique contacts with dealers or other markets, nor does he have experience. And the education question may be self evident, but I'll let him answer it.

you're right I don't have any contacts but I do have a notable person that I became friends with so that I can learn from him some of you may know him

Rick Whitelock

@OP

above post ... ^^

receipts, photos, and a paper trail would be nice.

okay sounds good!

Do you even collect comics? What's your favorite title? What's your best book?

yes I do collect comics I had a whole collection of them but since we moved so often eventually the trailer that we used became to heavy and we had to get rid of everything we had, my favorite titles are; archie comics, superman, fantastic four, the amazing spiderman, and thor. By best book do you mean the most valuable or my favorite?

my best book right now is a tales of suspense 39 with just the back cover on it, my favorite books right now are my golden age archies

you're right I don't have any contacts but I do have a notable person that I became friends with so that I can learn from him some of you may know him

Rick Whitelock

smiley-char156.gifRick Whitelock > Well, if you're gonna drop a name, that's a good 'un.

Gatorade.jpeg

Rick Whitelock

Never realized writing on a Facebook wall equated to becoming friends...

Post a picture of yourself as well as what are you 3 favorite foods to eat.

Oh and please inform us what you are having for lunch tomorrow this time.

here's my picture

http://www.voices.com/people/uchihadesendent

my three favorite foods to eat

1. Tacos

2. Pizza

3. Chinese food

and for lunch tomorrow I guess a sandwich

What is the deal with your signature? I don't understand the meaning of the words you have strung together.

"To buy a sell a million dollar comic"

a typo I'll fix that later!

No rush, it doesn't look bad to have a typo in your signature when you are trying to make yourself look good. :whistle:

My best of advice for you is to stick around here and get to know people for about a year. Sell some books on the forum. Make some buys on ebay or locally and see if you can flip some books....even if you don't make a profit, you've at least built a rapport with people here.

What you are doing right now isn't going to reach your goal (if you are really serious). If this is truly a passion and you want to get into the business of comics...take your time and don't expect to make much money until you build some contacts and trust.

I can't imagine anyone sending you their prized comic (or even their garbage) so you can sell.

I don't want to add to the pile of people who will dump on you about your post.

Post a picture of yourself as well as what are you 3 favorite foods to eat.

Oh and please inform us what you are having for lunch tomorrow this time.

here's my picture

http://www.voices.com/people/uchihadesendent

my three favorite foods to eat

1. Tacos

2. Pizza

3. Chinese food

and for lunch tomorrow I guess a sandwich

I can't understand a thing you say in that "Disney" commercial, although I do have the sudden urge for crab and flounder :)

Rick Whitelock

Never realized writing on a Facebook wall equated to becoming friends...

lol no I've talked to him a few times so far but I only asked him questions on how to came to have a collection like he does, how to market yourself and things like that!