• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask me anything and get to know me
1 1

409 posts in this topic

How is this any different than what people could do themselves?

You really are trying to sell this service to the exact wrong audience. This board is filled with high level buyers, sellers and dealers - that do this on a regular basis on their own.

If you want to consign things - you need to go local - find friends and contacts that really do not want to be bothered with trying to move their old comics.

@OP

above post ... ^^

how would you store any consigned comics?

what security measures are taken to protect comics?

what type of insurance would you provide for comics?

what type of education do you have? (photography? marketing? web skills? language skills?)

what experience do you have in consigning comics?

what connections do you have with dealers?

20% after expenses? before? what about taxes? US and Canadian? What about paypal translation fees?

I'm sure you've obviously already thought of all of these things and already answered elsewhere, so if someone could please direct me, I'd appreciate it.

Seriously, who in their right mind would send you their comics?

You need to reconsider your career options.

right now no one but there should be someone on here willing to give me a chance and I've already considered my career options being a voice actor and during slow days I want to sell comics, coins, video games so that when I'm not making money in one area I'll make extra income in another!

What is the deal with your signature? I don't understand the meaning of the words you have strung together.

"To buy a sell a million dollar comic"

a typo I'll fix that later!

Are you ready for this?

I'm ready!

You still didn't answer my question which was straight to the point of this entire thread. What sense would it make for us to pay someone else who has little experience, who lives in a different country, 20% to sell our stuff? What are you doing for us we can not do for ourselves easier? (shrug)

why? simple it's for anyone who doesn't have time, patience or doesn't have any idea of what there stuff is worth and it's also a way of building trust and relationships, you guys are absolutely right I'm a complete noob compared to you guys but if no one gives me a chance I won't become better at all and today I'll start selling stuff here!

1. You are selling a service to people who already

....spend lots of time online (I mean they are reading this thread, so they MUST have time to spare).

....are usually familiar with a WIDE variety of online marketplaces and venues

2. 20% is hefty for very little work on your part, most of which anyone can do.

You need to reach the people who

a) dont use/have the internet (thus you offering to do various online listings is a service)

b) dont know how to get access to information (thus dont know what their stack of comics are worth and your service of determining value would be of worth)

c) have neither the means or time to mail things

I suggest abandoning this venture here, and try a lowfi approach to reach the lowfi customer that could use you:

• Flyers at the library/public spaces might work
  • Newspaper adds (for those who still read them and dont use the internet)
  • shopper adds
  • circulars

seriously trying this here is laugable and actually DECREASES the chances of someone using your services because it shows a lack of understanding of a) the hobby (which you already said you dont know?!?!) b)of markets and c) the target customer you should be reaching out to.

hey guys I decided to make this thread because of the previous posts I made with consignments wanted, x-men 1 for sale and so on so I will take the best advice that someone gave me on this forum. I will prove myself to be trustworthy by making transactions with people and also since people don't really know who I am or anything about me so I decided that you can ask me anything to get to know me better!

Nothing says trustworthy like starting a thread on an internet board chat room asking people to ask you random pointless questions about your life to gain acceptance.

What a great idea.

I think it's a good idea people will at least get to know me better!

Just as it is a good idea to get to know people from Nigeria with those lottery tickets off the internet right?

tumblr_me23vdZIlv1qes4vwo1_500_zps688d9491.gif

What is the deal with your signature? I don't understand the meaning of the words you have strung together.

That's what I say when I'm drunk.

it's a typo I'll fix that later!

know what I always look for in a service provider

-a lack of attention to detail

-a lack of interest in immediately dealing with mistakes

:grin:;)

know what I always look for in a service provider

-a lack of attention to detail

-a lack of interest in immediately dealing with mistakes

:grin:;)

lol

Hey, I've been on here for <1 yr and I wouldn't dream of knowing enough about every age of books, current market value, or demand to just post a thread and starts selling books.

I think you have a lot to consider before jumping in head first.

There is a lot of knowledge to gain on the boards if you take your time and talk to people.

There are also a lot of people here who do what you want to do. Talk to them.

Just some advice from another noob.

Gunnz

how would you store any consigned comics?

what security measures are taken to protect comics?

what type of insurance would you provide for comics?

what type of education do you have? (photography? marketing? web skills? language skills?)

what experience do you have in consigning comics?

what connections do you have with dealers?

20% after expenses? before? what about taxes? US and Canadian? What about paypal translation fees?

I'm sure you've obviously already thought of all of these things and already answered elsewhere, so if someone could please direct me, I'd appreciate it.

:juggle:

Seriously, who in their right mind would send you their comics?

You need to reconsider your career options.

right now no one but there should be someone on here willing to give me a chance and I've already considered my career options being a voice actor and during slow days I want to sell comics, coins, video games so that when I'm not making money in one area I'll make extra income in another!

Good luck. I know I am not interested in sending my comics to:

A. Someone I don't know

B. Someone with no history of selling comics

C. Someone who has no knowledge of comics

D. Someone who comes on a message board soliciting strangers to ask questions about their life so they can get people to send them comics

E. Someone who wants 20% when I can sell my comics myself here and on ebay.

F. Someone who isn't one of the major auction houses or reputable dealers we know

Just some reasons why I won't be doing business with you. But, best of luck

hey guys I decided to make this thread because of the previous posts I made with consignments wanted, x-men 1 for sale and so on so I will take the best advice that someone gave me on this forum. I will prove myself to be trustworthy by making transactions with people and also since people don't really know who I am or anything about me so I decided that you can ask me anything to get to know me better!

Nothing says trustworthy like starting a thread on an internet board chat room asking people to ask you random pointless questions about your life to gain acceptance.

What a great idea.

I think it's a good idea people will at least get to know me better!

Just as it is a good idea to get to know people from Nigeria with those lottery tickets off the internet right?

tumblr_me23vdZIlv1qes4vwo1_500_zps688d9491.gif

no it wouldn't be good to know Nigerian people because they are scammers, I however am not but because I have nothing to back it up I'll earn my trust here!

Dang, by the time I pay to ship the comics to Canada, pay the 20% in fees, then pay the shipping to the buyere and pay any customs taxes I will be lucky to get 50 bucks for my AF 15.