• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YES! I hit the mother lode this morning!

98 posts in this topic

Congats on a nice find.

Inquiring minds need to know, are you selling them on the boards or on ebay?

The bulk of the stuff will go to eBay just because it's common mid-grade stuff that's always out there. I'm thinking about having some of the big guns pressed and graded, but the turnaround time is what scares me off. I'm debating and thinking right now. Just keeping up with the PMs is ridiculous...lol. I never thought I'd be in that kind of situation!

Peace,

Chip

There's a new guy that will sell them all for you for only 20%. Let him deal with the PM onslaught.

Someone has to give him a break. Let's see if he can handle it. :idea:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

I just left that thread cuz my head started to hurt.

definitely send him ALL of your comics!!!! The lawsuit that follows will be mindblowing!

Guys I've tracking cl for months and no luck, what am I doing wrong?

probably nothing -

takes patience - and timing

I had a mini find earlier this year - but it was not as simple as search - contact - buy. I probably searched for 2 months - scanned several hundred potential good listings - contacted probably 50 people - found 2 that seemed to be worth looking at. One was a no bid - the other I bought.

and even then - while it was a score - it was really a score relative to me and where I am at with collecting. No real keys like Chip.

In reality - just random luck does it. Think of all the people on this board - if it were quick and easy, you would see a lot more people posting the brag posts.

There's a new guy that will sell them all for you for only 20%. Let him deal with the PM onslaught.

Since that's what I do to support my family, I'm going to decline. :)

Peace,

Chip

Hey - I'll do it for 18%

I'm even a nicer guy than he is - trust me!

My ebay rating is stellar too - 100% positive (69) - with many this year!

:insane:

/scarcasim off

-- great score - love to see this stuff.....

Guys I've tracking cl for months and no luck, what am I doing wrong?

probably nothing -

takes patience - and timing

I had a mini find earlier this year - but it was not as simple as search - contact - buy. I probably searched for 2 months - scanned several hundred potential good listings - contacted probably 50 people - found 2 that seemed to be worth looking at. One was a no bid - the other I bought.

and even then - while it was a score - it was really a score relative to me and where I am at with collecting. No real keys like Chip.

In reality - just random luck does it. Think of all the people on this board - if it were quick and easy, you would see a lot more people posting the brag posts.

When it comes to looking for collections and also looking at collections, one theme is repeated over and over here: patience. For every awesome collection found like Chip's, you'll look through boxes and boxes of complete garbage.

Congrats on the haul. What's your ebay handle?

chips-comics

I no longer collect for myself, I only sell books to support my family.

Peace,

Chip

My 2c Work towards getting yourself a real job that will support your family, not flipping comics. Comics are hot and saleable right now, but won't be forever.

Neither are coins. Actually that's much worse are far more unpredictable.

In response to a Craigslist ad listed yesterday morning I met a guy today with his personal collection for sale...just books he bought while growing up. About 400 books, and let me tell you my hands were shaking as I went through them. This is the greatest find I've ever had, and it's come at the perfect time since my family could definitely use the cash.

Today is a GREAT day!

Peace,

Chip

nice find. You sound very deserving.

nice find. You sound very deserving.

Awww, thanks Walt!

Peace,

Chip

:baiting:

Hmm...maybe you should take a few books to the Stash for a T.V. cameo.....

Also, just to stem the tide of PMs I'm pretty sure I'll be slabbing the Hulk #181 & 182, the ASM #121, 122 and 129 and the Iron Man #1 so it'll be a while before those are for sale.

Thanks to all who expressed interest.

Peace,

Chip

Great find, but it still comes to the price. I hope you paid a price that was fair to both parties. :wishluck:

I always think its funny that someone thinks you have to educate a seller on what something is worth. You should always have do your due diligence before buying or selling anything. jmo