• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okay, SERIOUSLY...

Is it time for a new age of comics to be named for those printed in the 1990s/early 2000s?  

498 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for a new age of comics to be named for those printed in the 1990s/early 2000s?

104 posts in this topic

...when are we going to get a new age for the comics made from around 1990 to somewhere in the early 2000's? I am getting weirded out by constantly seeing books almost 25 years old called "moderns." It doesn't fit anymore.

We need a concensus on agreement of this issue.

We need the power to implement this change.

We need a concensus on the name for the new age that will become instantly recognisable, yet always slightly controversial (as I assume any new name will be.)

I am not looking for ideas on names, we have had many of those threads already. I am looking for simple yes and no votes, and discussion on why or why not. (I know, we shall see how long that lasts.) ;)

What say you?

-slym

I think some of the community might be afraid that rebranding MIGHT cause CGC to implement a new tier making copper comics more expensive to grade.

I think some of the community might be afraid that rebranding MIGHT cause CGC to implement a new tier making copper comics more expensive to grade.

Shouldn't be afraid. They've adjusted years before. No doubt it will happen again.I suspect it will be in the next couple of years.

The "ages" have become irrelevant. Comics can be referred to by the decade they were printed in thereby getting rid of any confusion over how certain comics should be classified.

I vote for "Charmin Age"

Soothing and comfortable but routinely .

I vote for "Charmin Age"

Please don't squeeze (press) the Charmin

The only people with the power to implement this change is Overstreet and the advisors. At least most collectors are in agreement that Chromium Age is the title for the new age (1992 - ?).

With a tipping point into a "Digital Age", that timeline where publishers started yanking down 'pirate' sites and marketing in earnest.

The only people with the power to implement this change is Overstreet and the advisors. At least most collectors are in agreement that Chromium Age is the title for the new age (1992 - ?).

I agree with Chromium or Platinum Age.

I vote for "Charmin Age"

:roflmao:

With a tipping point into a "Digital Age", that timeline where publishers started yanking down 'pirate' sites and marketing in earnest.

I would say maybe when Comixology came on the scene in 2007 that the Digital Age started. You factor Comixology with help from tablets and we find a whole new way to experience comic books!

The "ages" have become irrelevant. Comics can be referred to by the decade they were printed in thereby getting rid of any confusion over how certain comics should be classified.

Really when you think about it that`s the best advice.

Anybody know who came up with naming the ages after metals that started all this?

No doubt this HAS to happen.

20 years from now are we still calling 90's books "moderns"? What about 40 years?

Let's just do it now for Pete in Portugal's sake.