• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okay, SERIOUSLY...

Is it time for a new age of comics to be named for those printed in the 1990s/early 2000s?  

498 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for a new age of comics to be named for those printed in the 1990s/early 2000s?

104 posts in this topic

I think a name for the age would be apt. Though It is very hard to build momentum and acceptance for a new term, usually it happens organically.

I think the way lay people use "modern" is versus how different fields use it, is kind of interesting. Take for instance modern vs contemporary art, or "modern architecture". Many of Frank Lloyd Wrights buildings are now over 100 years old and yet they are still called modern.

I don't know the old Slym. I've chatted with him and he seems like a nice enough guy. So do most other ppl here. But when the threads turn to bickering, I get reeeeeeeally bored and go back to my real life... Which is pretty boring... So you see why I like to keep it fun.

Anyway, let's move past this and get back to the tin foil age of comics!

I love Chromium because it is one of the top 10 cheapest metals and we all know about the chromium covers of the 90s. It just seems perfect all around and is actually a cool sounding name.

I love Chromium because it is one of the top 10 cheapest metals and we all know about the chromium covers of the 90s. It just seems perfect all around and is actually a cool sounding name.

It would get shortened to Chrome age, but Chrome sounds right to me.

Lets change the sales area as a start

Subforums: Kudos Forum,-- Golden/Silver/Age Only -- Bronze / Copper Age Only -- Modern / Chrome Age Only, -- Mixed Age Threads and Misc...

If you guys pay me the same amount Google pays me for using "chrome" as the name of their browser, I'm fine with it.

If you guys pay me the same amount Google pays me for using "chrome" as the name of their browser, I'm fine with it.

They could have called it Google Cream Egg?

Nah, legal hassles

Do you want your payment of nothing in one lump sum, or monthly installments?

Belgians. Eternally ahead of their time.

Subforums: Kudos Forum,-- Golden/Silver/Age Only -- Bronze / Copper Age Only -- Modern / Chrome Age Only, -- Mixed Age Threads and Misc...

I support this - except Chromium, not Chrome. They are two different metals, and the one does describe the 90's "special cover" fad's ultimate end. Other than that...

:applause:

-slym

I support this - except Chromium, not Chrome. They are two different metals, and the one does describe the 90's "special cover" fad's ultimate end. Other than that...

:applause:

-slym

If chromium is too long we can just all it the foil age