• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nailbiter from Image

246 posts in this topic

Found a couple more in NJ today, as long as I see 'em I'm gonna grab 'em

Midtown Comics still has a lot of these. Quoting a manager today: we've got tons of them & they're not really selling/moving.

Snicker...

Sure.

Yup... Snickers

Midtown Comics still has a lot of these. Quoting a manager today: we've got tons of them & they're not really selling/moving.

Snicker...

Sure.

Yup... Snickers [/quote

lol well it sold out on midtowns Web site.

None of the shops I've called have any. I''ve got 2 reg covers, 2 Eh! Variants, and 1 Eh! Variant 9.8 Mike Rooth SS in eagerly waiting for! (Thanks Gotham!)

I'm working on a phantom variant now.

Snicker...

Sure.

Yup... Snickers [/quote

lol well it sold out on midtowns Web site.

First guy in the shop today got in an argument with cashier because we are limit two.

He drove thirty miles, got two regular #1 & two phantoms for $12 & was STILL upset.

( This guys ALWAYS pissed when he can't take all the book du jour )

Which variant cover do you guys think is the one to get, I don't want to go all completionist with this book. I bought all the books for southern bastards and I'm feeling empty inside, I don't want to do that with the Nailbiter.

I like the Eh! variant, and the Charlie Adlard cover, infinity and beyond i believe.

I could have bought 25 from midtown last night, but I've felt so burned by Bedlam i'm not really interested in more than what I have.

I really don't get your point....

Do you buy moderns to hold onto long term?

That's a bad plan, man.

Bedlam had a phenomenal sales window.

Nailbiter will have one too.

I got caught holding too many bedlam...wasn't planning on holding on to them quite so long but I had taken a comic hiatus. Some comics I am sitting on, like eow and saga. I think mycomichop is paying $8 or so each for eow.

I don't buy books for the automatic flip. I have the two covers because i have one to read, two to grade and sign and one for a friend. if they do rise in value, then great! if not, i'm not too worried.

Regular cover > variants

IMHO

x53a2rw.png

I agree

I don't know, personally, I think the second cover in the top row and the first cover in the bottom row look much better. I'm not a fan of the regular cover. It was this thread and the positive comments that got me to flip through the book. Glad I did (thumbs u

Regular cover > variants

IMHO

x53a2rw.png

I agree

I don't know, personally, I think the second cover in the top row and the first cover in the bottom row look much better. I'm not a fan of the regular cover. It was this thread and the positive comments that got me to flip through the book. Glad I did (thumbs u

Personally think the regular is Iconic.

It's my choice to hold longest

Phantom ( because the print run is scattered )

Eh & UK because of shipping

Best $ bets

Regular cover > variants

IMHO

x53a2rw.png

I agree

Personally think the regular is Iconic.

It's my choice to hold longest

Phantom ( because the print run is scattered )

Eh & UK because of shipping

Best $ bets

What the print run on the Phantom?

I think EH might have the lowest print run at 1,000, but I'm probably wrong.

Regular cover > variants

IMHO

x53a2rw.png

I agree

I like those two covers also.