• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawn of The Planet of the Apes Trailer

119 posts in this topic

Saw it last night. I thought it was a great movie. Well done and well executed.

My big complaint was that I was expecting intelligent apes. While they were above ape intelligence, they were a little more primitive than I was hoping for.

In the prior movie they were given a drug that was supposed to accelerate their intelligence to incredible levels, and they communicate 99% of the time in sign language. When they do talk it's "ape not kill ape." :eyeroll:

You'd think that being 10 years after the other movie, they could string together a coherent sentence.

Good movie but I probably went in with my expectations a little too high, and I'm about as big of a fan of Planet of the Apes as you'll find.

My big complaint was that I was expecting intelligent apes. While they were above ape intelligence, they were a little more primitive than I was hoping for.

In the prior movie they were given a drug that was supposed to accelerate their intelligence to incredible levels, and they communicate 99% of the time in sign language. When they do talk it's "ape not kill ape." :eyeroll:

You'd think that being 10 years after the other movie, they could string together a coherent sentence.

Good movie but I probably went in with my expectations a little too high, and I'm about as big of a fan of Planet of the Apes as you'll find.

I thought having them use sign language and speaking in broken sentences made lots of sense. If in 10 years we went from apes that don't speak to apes speaking fluent English, I think that would have been more unrealistic. Each movie should show a little progress at a time.

Great set up for the next movie in the franchise. I still like the original Charlton Heston movie better, but this is now my second favorite ape movie.

The studio is addressing this now with the best instructor they could find.

:baiting:

Saw yesterday...it was pretty awesome. Best Apes movie ever.

Really? Even better then the original Heston one or Rise of the Planet of the Apes?

Well, it's a bold statement to say it's a better film than the original, but I liked it better. The apes are so damn cool and realistic; you forget you are watching CGI. You sympathize w/the apes while being terrified by them. I am a huge fan of the entire series and this movie is a real treat.

:whee:

:whee::whee:

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Comes to Blu-ray in a Deluxe Bust of Caesar’s Head

caesar-bust-640.jpg

Man, I remember not too long ago you wouldn't hear anything about DVDs or Blu-Rays until the movie was out of the theaters. Talk about quick turnaround in preparation for retail release.

I like to know if there is a list of the best-selling dvds or blu-rays? I would like to look at individual sales to see how many copies of Dawn of The Planet of the Apes sells compared to let`s say ASM 2 or Transformers:Age of Extinction.

I thought having them use sign language and speaking in broken sentences made lots of sense. If in 10 years we went from apes that don't speak to apes speaking fluent English, I think that would have been more unrealistic. Each movie should show a little progress at a time.

Great set up for the next movie in the franchise. I still like the original Charlton Heston movie better, but this is now my second favorite ape movie.

I agree with rjrjr. Each movie shows a little progress.

I think they are freaking knocking this franchise out of the park with the quality stories they are pumping out. Puts to shame 90% of the trash that Hollywood puts out and shows that even with unlikely source material you can put out a good product.

DC take note.

I agree with rjrjr. Each movie shows a little progress.

I think they are freaking knocking this franchise out of the park with the quality stories they are pumping out. Puts to shame 90% of the trash that Hollywood puts out and shows that even with unlikely source material you can put out a good product.

DC take note.

(thumbs u

Saw it last week. Far and away the best Ape's movie since the original. Very well done and quite entertaining. Looking forward to the next one! Heston's is still the champ though!

If anyone is on the fence about this movie, go see it, and go see it on the big screen. I mean, if you have some big honkin' 70" home theater 10000 pixel monster with uber sound system, then sure, do the blu ray thing. But yeah definitely a winner and definitely worth seeing super-sized.

You can tell they are dragging this out for money, but its a nice build along the way.

I don't agree - Seems like the first 2 movies actually are building a pretty coherent storyline with a point as opposed to most everything else out there that gets stretched to 3-4 movies.

My dad has eyesight problems and doesn't like going to a theatre to watch a movie. He hasn't been to one in years (decades?).

However, they both saw the first planet of the apes movie on DVD and really enjoyed it, so they wanted to go see this new one while I was back in Oklahoma visiting them. Took them to the movie theatre at the mall in Enid, Oklahoma.

(A bit of trivia....Enid was mentioned by Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory when he was looking for a safer place to live (he eliminated it because it didn't have any model train shops)...as well as a mention in Jurassic Park 3 as the hometown of the Kirbys (William H. Macy & Téa Leoni).

My parents really enjoyed the second Planet of the Apes movie as well. (thumbs u

You can tell they are dragging this out for money, but its a nice build along the way.

I don't agree - Seems like the first 2 movies actually are building a pretty coherent storyline with a point as opposed to most everything else out there that gets stretched to 3-4 movies.

But the next logical movie would be Battle for the Planet of the Apes, which seems a harder sell for keeping some substance to a film and not just going all action.

Really? Even better then the original Heston one or Rise of the Planet of the Apes?

Well, it's a bold statement to say it's a better film than the original, but I liked it better. The apes are so damn cool and realistic; you forget you are watching CGI. You sympathize w/the apes while being terrified by them. I am a huge fan of the entire series and this movie is a real treat.

Just came back from this and found it brilliant. It`s very bleak though, and not a feel good movie because it reminds us of what humanity is capable of. :o

The special effects are out of this world. I recommend it as a great movie, but don`t expect a lot of laughs. This movie isn`t an escape, but a dose of realty that will make people think about the future of the human race.

Just came back from this and found it brilliant. It`s very bleak though, and not a feel good movie because it reminds us of what humanity is capable of. :o

The special effects are out of this world. I recommend it as a great movie, but don`t expect a lot of laughs. This movie isn`t an escape, but a dose of realty that will me people think about the future of the human race.

And an outstanding villain was developed and

died, unfortunately.

what makes it remarkable, was it didn't require a human to act the part.

This film is jaw-dropping.

I can't wait to see it again.

It's not really fair to compare it to the original (Charlton Heston), as they are each great in their own way, but this is an amazing piece of cinema and the movie of the year so far. (thumbs u

And an outstanding villain was developed and

died, unfortunately.

what makes it remarkable, was it didn't require a human to act the part.

There is a very brief audio teaser at the end of the credits where you hear apes in the distance w/heavy, labored breathing over top. It has been suggested that Koba may have survived the fall.