• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would it matter?

70 posts in this topic

i used to do a lot of bricks when i was selling big lots on ebay, i should have taken a picture, but i didn't. it's also a good way to play tetris with a non-comic box if you're doing a big lot (ok, that probably doesn't mean anything to you, but it will to someone here) -- you'd be surprised at how many comics you can fit in a regular document box, for example.

Doing things on the cheap and using substandard packing and shipping materials is probably not the best road to take if your goal is to build a successful mail order business. It might be better if you tried to sell some of the books locally first, and then used that money to order some decent comic book bags and boards for your on-line business...

stick the comics between two pieces of carboard cut to order and then wrap in saran wrap (or generic substitute). the idea is to not have the comics shift around and get more damaged and/or have a tape snag.

so I cut the cardboard to the boarder and the saran wrap it?

okay I have a fair bit of bronze age comics to sell and here's my problem I don't have money to purchase supplies and since they are in 1.0-3.0 condition would you guys care if I sent it in something other than a comic bag and a backing board? although I do have a lot of leftover cardboard

let me hear your opinions guys!

My opinion is that no one is going to want to buy your un-boarded and un-bagged "bronze age comics . . . in 1.0-3.0 condition". lol

It's a bummer you don't live in the San Diego area. I have a bunch of 4 mil mylars and full-backs I would give you if you were local to help you out.

Good luck to you though, and I hope you find a safe way to package the books you sell. :)

stick the comics between two pieces of carboard cut to order and then wrap in saran wrap (or generic substitute). the idea is to not have the comics shift around and get more damaged and/or have a tape snag.

yes, but really, using silver or gold age bags for multiple comics would be a lot better and safer. it may be worth it to visit this 3.5 hour away comic shop next time you are in the area or just order some bags on line. the problem with the saran wrap brick with the comics not inside of bags is your purchaser may further damage the books while unwrapping/cutting the saran wrap if they don't know there are naked comics underneath it. it is not ideal.

anyway, i've actually had boardies here send me bulk comics in the raw, but usually wrapped in newspaper or something like that and it didn't seem like any of them had been damaged, so i didn't say anything.

okay I have a fair bit of bronze age comics to sell and here's my problem I don't have money to purchase supplies and since they are in 1.0-3.0 condition would you guys care if I sent it in something other than a comic bag and a backing board? although I do have a lot of leftover cardboard

My opinion is that no one is going to want to buy your un-boarded and un-bagged "bronze age comics . . . in 1.0-3.0 condition". lol

maybe he grades like gary dolgoff and those are really in 3.0 - 6.0 condition?

maybe but that's why I'm asking people's opinions about it!

It's a bummer you don't live in the San Diego area. I have a bunch of 4 mil mylars and full-backs I would give you if you were local to help you out.

Good luck to you though, and I hope you find a safe way to package the books you sell. :)

yes, but really, using silver or gold age bags for multiple comics would be a lot better and safer. it may be worth it to visit this 3.5 hour away comic shop next time you are in the area or just order some bags on line. the problem with the saran wrap brick with the comics not inside of bags is your purchaser may further damage the books while unwrapping/cutting the saran wrap if they don't know there are naked comics underneath it. it is not ideal.

anyway, i've actually had boardies here send me bulk comics in the raw, but usually wrapped in newspaper or something like that and it didn't seem like any of them had been damaged, so i didn't say anything.

that's a good point I'll keep that in mind

maybe he grades like gary dolgoff and those are really in 3.0 - 6.0 condition?

lol maybe I do have scans of my comics if you'd like to see them!

For my money, I would want quality in shipment...even if it's a poor condition book. Customer service is important. If you don't have money for shipping supplies then you shouldn't be selling them on line.

***Hope that didn't come off as a-hole-ish

no it didn't I'm just asking since I'm done to a bronze bag and board left!

Are you for real dude? :baiting:

You're telling me you can't spend $20 to $30 on plastic sleeves and backboards?

Why not sacrifice 10 $3 comics and do it right?

I don't know your age, if have a job, or your financial situation so it's a very broad statement on my part. If you can't supply paying customers with basics you shouldn't be doing it...IMHO.

For my money, I would want quality in shipment...even if it's a poor condition book. Customer service is important. If you don't have money for shipping supplies then you shouldn't be selling them on line.

***Hope that didn't come off as a-hole-ish

no it didn't I'm just asking since I'm done to a bronze bag and board left!

Are you for real dude? :baiting:

yes actually I am!

You're telling me you can't spend $20 to $30 on plastic sleeves and backboards?

Why not sacrifice 10 $3 comics and do it right?

I don't know your age, if have a job, or your financial situation so it's a very broad statement on my part. If you can't supply paying customers with basics you shouldn't be doing it...IMHO.

well my situation is I got fired and if I go 20 to 30 under I may risk getting kicked out because I didn't make a lot of money to start with in the first place that's why I'm trying to sell my comic with left over bags and some boards I have!

You are an irritant and a troll! All you do all day is contact people and ask for pics of their books even though you cant afford them. Why would you do this!? You obviously don't have the money to purchase any book here on the boards even if they were at the original cover price. Stop wasting people's time with these annoying posts!!

rantrant

You are an irritant and a troll! All you do all day is contact people and ask for pics of their books even though you cant afford them. Why would you do this!? You obviously don't have the money to purchase any book here on the boards even if they were at the original cover price. Stop wasting people's time with these annoying posts!!

rantrant

okay first of all those are scans of my comics not someone else's, second I came here to buy and sell stuff on this forum and I have never asked to buy anything here other than original covers for comic books that I have nothing else so I don't appreciate you hounding me for something I haven't done whether people have thought of my posts as annoying or not is none of your business and if you really think I'm that annoying why did you even bother posting if you have nothing good to say?

rantrant

okay first of all those are scans of my comics not someone else's, second I came here to buy and sell stuff on this forum and I have never asked to buy anything here other than original covers for comic books that I have nothing else so I don't appreciate you hounding me for something I haven't done weather people have thought of my posts as annoying or not is none of your business and if you really think I'm that annoying why did you even bother posting if you have nothing good to say?

C'mon,is this a joke? Are you 12? I don't know weather lol whether to believe this or not. If it is :whee::banana: You are going to be alot of fun. :D