• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would it matter?

70 posts in this topic

You are an irritant and a troll! All you do all day is contact people and ask for pics of their books even though you cant afford them. Why would you do this!? You obviously don't have the money to purchase any book here on the boards even if they were at the original cover price. Stop wasting people's time with these annoying posts!!

rantrant

okay first of all those are scans of my comics not someone else's, second I came here to buy and sell stuff on this forum and I have never asked to buy anything here other than original covers for comic books that I have nothing else so I don't appreciate you hounding me for something I haven't done weather people have thought of my posts as annoying or not is none of your business and if you really think I'm that annoying why did you even bother posting if you have nothing good to say?

C'mon,is this a joke? Are you 12? I don't know weather lol whether to believe this or not. If it is :whee::banana: You are going to be alot of fun. :D

okay I fixed the mistake and I don't know what that emoticon of the thing running in circles and then banana mean!

You are an irritant and a troll! All you do all day is contact people and ask for pics of their books even though you cant afford them. Why would you do this!? You obviously don't have the money to purchase any book here on the boards even if they were at the original cover price. Stop wasting people's time with these annoying posts!!

rantrant

okay first of all those are scans of my comics not someone else's, second I came here to buy and sell stuff on this forum and I have never asked to buy anything here other than original covers for comic books that I have nothing else so I don't appreciate you hounding me for something I haven't done weather people have thought of my posts as annoying or not is none of your business and if you really think I'm that annoying why did you even bother posting if you have nothing good to say?

C'mon,is this a joke? Are you 12? I don't know weather lol whether to believe this or not. If it is :whee::banana: You are going to be alot of fun. :D

okay I fixed the mistake and I don't know what that emoticon of the thing running in circles and then banana mean!

Here's the translation - :juggle:meh:slapfight::rulez::idea:

I tried to be nice and give the benefit of the doubt.

These sound like junky comics, it is warming up now in Canada, so now that the tundra has thawed a little and people are out of their igloos why don't you have a garage sale (is that what you call them in canada or are they car boot sales?) and sell them for cash rather than worrying about the interweb and shipping them?

I find that BA books sell briskly at my yard sales at a buck a pop (actually i make them 12 for $10, but you get the idea) and that is in economically depressed America, not in oil soaked Canada. if these are generic beaters you won't do better here.

These sound like junky comics, it is warming up now in Canada, so now that the tundra has thawed a little and people are out of their igloos why don't you have a garage sale (is that what you call them in canada or are they car boot sales?) and sell them for cash rather than worrying about the interweb and shipping them?

I find that BA books sell briskly at my yard sales at a buck a pop (actually i make them 12 for $10, but you get the idea) and that is in economically depressed America, not in oil soaked Canada. if these are generic beaters you won't do better here.

This is the best suggestion I have heard, assuming you live near other people. Your statement that you are 3.5 hours away from a comic store suggests maybe you are very remote and have no neighbors to shop at a garage sale.

Also, Canada isn't oil soaked everywhere. Western Canada is booming, Eastern Canada not so much.

Also to answer the question: yes it matters. I have no interest in receiving a bunch of low grade readers that arrive in the appearance that the seller did not care.

They should be bagged at the very least. Maybe 5 comics to a bag with a board? Something that makes it look like you cared what the buyer receives.

rantrant

Here's the translation - :juggle:meh:slapfight::rulez::idea:

thanks at least you translated it for me!

lol we don't live in igloos that's just a myth and the reason I want to sell on here is for people to trust me and not laugh at everything that I said because they won't take it seriously!

This is the best suggestion I have heard, assuming you live near other people. Your statement that you are 3.5 hours away from a comic store suggests maybe you are very remote and have no neighbors to shop at a garage sale.

Also, Canada isn't oil soaked everywhere. Western Canada is booming, Eastern Canada not so much.

Also to answer the question: yes it matters. I have no interest in receiving a bunch of low grade readers that arrive in the appearance that the seller did not care.

They should be bagged at the very least. Maybe 5 comics to a bag with a board? Something that makes it look like you cared what the buyer receives.

thanks for answering my question!

The problem here is that you are to young. Your mommy doesn't allow you to play with plastic bags just in case you have another incident like you did last time when you almost suffocated yourself. :makepoint:

too young? I'm 21! anyway don't act like when you started you knew everything because you didn't and I may be older than you when you started this but I'm willing to learn from my mistakes and keep and moving forward!

The problem here is that you are to young. Your mommy doesn't allow you to play with plastic bags just in case you have another incident like you did last time when you almost suffocated yourself. :makepoint:

too young? I'm 21! anyway don't act like when you started you knew everything because you didn't and I may be older than you when you started this but I'm willing to learn from my mistakes and keep and moving forward!

Is selling comics really a good fit for you? Maybe you should sit down and really think about what you want to do in life.I know 21 is a hard age,you've come to that fork in the road.I went to college right after High School,and I don't regret it.Now I make a good living,because I paid my dues and got my degree.Doesn't mean you can't collect comics!

Think it over,there are no shortcuts in life.

Is selling comics really a good fit for you? Maybe you should sit down and really think about what you want to do in life.I know 21 is a hard age,you've come to that fork in the road.I went to college right after High School,and I don't regret it.Now I make a good living,because I paid my dues and got my degree.Doesn't mean you can't collect comics!

I went to college and the government took away my funds and I got kicked out of school with a 15,000 loan to pay off, I want to be a voice actor and while I have a slow day as a voice actor or run dry with money I can supplement my income a bit buying and selling video games, coins and comic books! I have tried voice acting before and I liked it now the only problem for me is saving the money for the voice acting course!

I know that there are no shortcuts in life that's why I said I'm willing to put in the effort and learning about this industry as far as buying and selling comics goes, I don't think I'll become a overnight millionaire or do this as a get rich quick scheme, buying and selling a million dollar comic is not something I want to happen overnight it's something I want to achieve over the course of my lifetime and if I don't I want to come as close to it as possible so that all the people who ever doubted me would acknowledge me as a successful person!

I know that there are no shortcuts in life that's why I said I'm willing to put in the effort and learning about this industry as far as buying and selling comics goes, I don't think I'll become a overnight millionaire or do this as a get rich quick scheme, buying and selling a million dollar comic is not something I want to happen overnight it's something I want to achieve over the course of my lifetime and if I don't I want to come as close to it as possible so that all the people who ever doubted me would acknowledge me as a successful person!

Well before you start selling,you should read and listen to everyone on here.Look at old posts,there's a ton of great material in here if you look for it.Build up your supplies(like bag and boards,shipping material etc.Get yourself prepared before you step out to sell.Listen to the likes of Bob Storms,GAtor,Bedrock,Comicana,and emulate what they do.If you copy a winning formula to the letter,you should be able to succeed as well.

Most of all........LISTEN,LEARN,exceed your own expectations.Then and only then will you exceed your customers expectations. 2c

Well before you start selling,you should read and listen to everyone on here.Look at old posts,there's a ton of great material in here if you look for it.Build up your supplies(like bag and boards,shipping material etc.Get yourself prepared before you step out to sell.Listen to the likes of Bob Storms,GAtor,Bedrock,Comicana,and emulate what they do.If you copy a winning formula to the letter,you should be able to succeed as well.

Most of all........LISTEN,LEARN,exceed your own expectations.Then and only then will you exceed your customers expectations. 2c

thanks I'll check those people out and as for selling comics right now it's pretty easy because the comics are very valuable I do admit that I do have a lot more things to learn about selling comics on the thread here but that's what I'm here for, I will only sell two or three more comic then I need to buy supplies and don't worry I read the constructive criticism that people leave even though it may not look it!