• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Fantastic Four Adds Reg E. Cathey as Sue and Johnny Storm’s Father

56 posts in this topic

reg-cathey225.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter brings word that "The Wire" and "House of Cards" actor Reg E. Cathey has joined the cast of the film as Dr. Franklin Storm, the father of Sue (Kate Mara) and Johnny Storm (Michael B. Jordan).

Accused of murder and thought to be dead in the first volume of the comic series, Dr. Storm actually operated on and saved his daughter's life when she suffered a life threatening injury at the hands of the Mole Man. Following his actual death just one issue later, Sue and Reed named their first child Franklin after him. In Marvel's "Ultimate" universe, however, Dr. Storm is partially responsible for the creation of the Fantastic Four. Could we be seeing this version of the character on the big screen?

Jamie Bell, Jordan, Mara and Miles Teller will play the titular team in the upcoming film, which will also see Toby Kebbell as Victor Von Doom and Tim Blake Nelson as Harvey Elder, aka The Mole Man. Directed by Josh Trank, The Fantastic Four is set for release on June 19, 2015.

:popcorn::popcorn:

(I don't see the family resemblance at all in this family.) :shy:

Looks like comics are going to face the same thing novelists have always faced.

Sell the movie rights, then stand back and watch the original be re-imagined, re-plotted and re-cast. Maybe to point where all that's left is the title.

Who do they imagine will be the target audience will be for something like this?

I don't have many things to focus my hatred on these days, which is a great thing.

That being said, I *HATE* this movie already.

Peace,

Chip

Even if they re-imagine Silver Surfer as a White Buffalo who heralds the return of one p'd off ancient Skygod?

Or maybe the Fantasticar is powered by pleasant thoughts?

It's possible they may hit a pc highnote you could like, as hard as they're trying.

That most of the FF fans hate the casting choice and the unnecessary changes to the characters.

For me it is not even so much the changing of the origins but that I feel it is done for politically correct reasons which I always frown upon.

I'm so confused. What is the issue here?

???

Not understanding it myself. If it's the relative youth of the cast, I guess I can see the complaint. If it's the casting of non-white actors, who cares?

That most of the FF fans hate the casting choice and the unnecessary changes to the characters.

For me it is not even so much the changing of the origins but that I feel it is done for politically correct reasons which I always frown upon.

I don't think they are trying to be PC since the original story was not politically incorrect.

I do think they are trying to be inclusive for more young people (their audience.) Mixed homes and adoption are much more significant in a young persons life now, then in the 60s.

In what way, in your opinion, is it being done for politically correct reasons?

I'm so confused. What is the issue here?

That an Elseworld tale, if pushed to far, can devolve into an "Be Elsewhere" tale. (shrug)

A scientist, his girl, her brother, his friend get powers, come together to save the world.

The cast they've chosen, doesn't change that story.