• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoCollect vs. GPA

51 posts in this topic

I have been hearing a few people are now using go collect and was wondering what is your opinion on:

1. Which do you think is more accurate?

2. Which pulls from more auctions sites?

3. Which is more versatile?

I used GoCollect when it was free and I didn't have a GPA membership. Now GoCollect charges and I have a GPA membership :)

GoCollect is good but from what I remember the dates only go back a couple of years. It has pictures as opposed to GPA and is a bit more tech savvy, but if I were going to pay for something I would stick with GPA.

I have been hearing a few people are now using go collect and was wondering what is your opinion on:

1. Which do you think is more accurate?

2. Which pulls from more auctions sites?

3. Which is more versatile?

The new collectors like goconnect because it was free and now its cheaper than gpa. The older collectors like gpa because its more accurate. Gocollect will become more accurate as time goes on but as for right now, they are not as accurate as gpa but they are getting there.

I have gpa, but really hate the user interface, lack of mobile app, site constantly logs out, but it has a ton of data.

I just tried to register for gocollect, but kept getting " Username is in a bad format - only letters & numbers." (shrug)

I have gpa, but really hate the user interface, lack of mobile app, site constantly logs out, but it has a ton of data.

I just tried to register for gocollect, but kept getting " Username is in a bad format - only letters & numbers." (shrug)

GPA has a mobile website which works pretty well IMHO.

I've looked over both. GoCollect has a much better interface and a couple things I like (tells you if a sale was fixed price or auction, shows pictures of past sales). But GPA has the data. Much more data. Both in years of data it has and sources it draws from. As such GPA is much more useful to me. Though I hope George is watching GoCollect and incorporates some of those ideas. Or that GoCollect is watching GPA and adds data sources.

I'll gladly answer anyone's questions. My name is Jeff - I'm the Founder @ GoCollect. Here's a bit about what's going on...

We've been officially licensing eBay data for quite a while now (that's why you see the required Terapeak logos all over GoCollect). We've used that data to develop our initial value algorithms. We're just getting started there. We're in talks with the largest auction houses in hopes of them providing their data to our platform as well. Once a couple are on board, we'll begin releasing the features that should truly begin to set us apart.

We're tech-savvy data junkies. There's no reason the collectibles markets shouldn't have the same level of flexible data analysis that the stock market does. We're looking to develop that platform and we're starting with comics. The comic book market will likely be our core focus for at least the next 12 - 18 months out.

I am very into an "open door" policy. I really want to hear from everyone (good or bad). Please feel free to get in touch with me via PM here on the boards or email me directly - jeff@gocollect.com.

I have a question for everyone - We will actively seek the thoughts and opinions of the collecting/investing audience as we work on new features. For example, we're currently developing algorithms to extrapolate the values of non-graded comics based upon the sales of their graded counterparts. It's an extremely complex set of calculations that takes a lot of data points into play. Would it be appropriate to pose these questions on the boards? If so, which forum do you think would be best for that sort of thing?

Thanks,

Jeff

This concerns me. Can you let me know the username you're trying to sign up with as well as the browser you're using (PM if you'd like or email jeff@gocollect.com)? I'd like to ensure this gets corrected for you asap.

Are you including a space between characters?

This concerns me. Can you let me know the username you're trying to sign up with as well as the browser you're using (PM if you'd like or email jeff@gocollect.com)? I'd like to ensure this gets corrected for you asap.

Pm sent .

Are you including a space between characters?

No, just letters and numbers, no spaces.

does go collect only collect from ebay? will you be expanding to include sales from other sites?

Right now we only gather from eBay (both CGC graded and non-graded sales are harvested). We are in talks with the largest comic auction houses/brokers. We hope to roll out more data very soon.

For example, we're currently developing algorithms to extrapolate the values of non-graded comics based upon the sales of their graded counterparts. It's an extremely complex set of calculations that takes a lot of data points into play. Would it be appropriate to pose these questions on the boards? If so, which forum do you think would be best for that sort of thing?

Thanks,

Jeff

Could you explain this further?

does go collect only collect from ebay? will you be expanding to include sales from other sites?

Right now we only gather from eBay (both CGC graded and non-graded sales are harvested). We are in talks with the largest comic auction houses/brokers. We hope to roll out more data very soon.

How do you determine an accurate grade for raw books? I've always wished GPA would allow you to filter by price, for example, show all issues of detective comics that sell for over $100 in 9.8 or show each issue and list the grade that the price jumps over a certain point. That would really help me when I am going over books for grading.

Probably the only complaint I really have against GPA. Otherwise, that's who I use.

Probably the only complaint I really have against GPA. Otherwise, that's who I use.

I never have that problem :shrug: It stays logged in until I log out.