• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Star Wars #3

16 posts in this topic

ebay purchase, but it looks like the bottom has been cut off. Is this a production error, or does it look like the book has been trimmed? I don't know if I want to return this to the seller for a refund but the book was advertised as a NM copy and you can imagine my shock when I looked at it.

My scans:

Ck8Pf4i.jpg

p2rjA2y.jpg

The eBay scans:

gg464.jpg

gg464a.jpg

Thanks! This one concerns me.

AA

Are those stains on the back production-related or no?

Only if the printing press guy was drinking coffee . . . lol

Only reason I ask is because they're a reddish pink color. Seems like it might be ink stains to me.

The reddish-pink staining is from the colors on the inside BC or the last page of the interior, and is caused by the interaction between the cover stock and the newsprint. I was talking about the coffee-colored stain at the ULBC spine.

Are those stains on the back production-related or no?

Only if the printing press guy was drinking coffee . . . lol

Only reason I ask is because they're a reddish pink color. Seems like it might be ink stains to me.

The reddish-pink staining is from the colors on the inside BC or the last page of the interior, and is caused by the interaction between the cover stock and the newsprint. I was talking about the coffee-colored stain at the ULBC spine.

That stain is definitely not related to color or ink bleeding.

It looks to me like both the back and front cover scans from the original auction are different than the actual comic received. I would definitely ask to return it and get my money back.

Wanna bet? :grin: It's due to acidification between the cover stock and the newsprint - you can see the oil halo as well. Very common in SA books; not as common in BA.

Wanna bet? :grin: It's due to acidification between the cover stock and the newsprint - you can see the oil halo as well. Very common in SA books; not as common in BA.

I was talking about the stain on the spine.

I was talking about the stain on the spine.

(thumbs u