• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 1 GRADE?

11 posts in this topic

OK, Here is the other.

Extra staples..I am considering removing...and then removing staples...adding archival tape to regular staple area, as I'm told by CGC that it is not restoration.

I called CGC the extra staples are not considered restoration nor is archival tape. The Grade is based on the defect of detached staples whether re-attached with archival tape or not.

So what do you think the grade is now...vs...if I remove staples as indicated in the above. BTW the spine is intact...the back cover nice, there is a very, very light water stain at top which does not affect text and there is none elsewhere.

Paper is Cream/OW.

Thanks again...decisions..decisions ;)

Joe

IMG_4109copy_zps4f9d8b1e.jpg

Sorry but no stain on back..only what you see at top front cover....just some pieces missing at staple area and the reason for the extra staples.

Thanks again for your opinion...really appreciate...

I called CGC and asked about archival tape on staples...they say not considered restoration....and does not deduct from grade. The detached cover and other defects remain the same.

But I am more inclined to just keep as is....would like to hear more comments and grades from others...thanks.