• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 - what do you reckon?

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys

First post and first time I've considered getting a comic CGC graded - so since I stumbled onto this forum thought I'd throw it out there and get some informed opinions.

The inside is in good shape - a few minor tears but solid as well as the spine and staples.

I know the front has a few obvious defects but I think this is in relatively good looking shape and doesn't detract from the artwork.

What you think?

147285.jpg.3af2d42de818e588195970e984a4f510.jpg

147286.jpg.372ad02aa06b6828e9ae5e2b2e3c45a2.jpg

Hard to go by those examples...seems CGC marks down spine splits more than small pieces missing...and then add to that the tape and clipped corners.

That scribbled one is structurally sound and why it gets as goos as a 2.5...but has not sold...and would get low end of the scale value wise as it has little if any eye-appeal.

I stay with a 2.0

Scan is too small for anymore than a rough guess. Looks a solid 2.0 to me, but could easily be a CGC 2.5, 3.0 unlikely but not impossible given the vagaries of their grading.

I agree even with the tape and corner pieces missing, it looks far better than that scribble copy.

Your scans are on the "small" side to be able to give you an accurate grade, however my thought was 2.5 at first glance.

Good luck with you submission and I hope you keep us posted on the results!