• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Problem

84 posts in this topic

for dinner :whee:

5 responses to my 1 post. Good job!

Texas is the fastest growing state in the country.

And it is no. 1 for jobs, economy, etc.

Stay where you are and make fun of TX.

I am fine with that.

It shouldn't have mattered if he was paying by check. The book was "SOLD" when he did the checkout.

Selling books that have already sold at a con is common. I don't fault Metro for that fact. What I find bothersome is the fact that there was no communication.

If paying by credit card for Metropolis transactions, the seller takes a 3% hit for the credit card transaction as Metropolis passes that transaction fee onto the seller, not the buyer. If the buyer pays by check, no such fee is assessed to the seller, so sellers selling on Metropolis' site probably prefer buyers using checks.

At Comiclink it's just the opposite, the buyer pays the 3% credit card transaction fee if paying by credit card.

for dinner :whee:

5 responses to my 1 post. Good job!

Texas is the fastest growing state in the country.

And it is no. 1 for jobs, economy, etc.

Stay where you are and make fun of TX.

I am fine with that.

Go ahead, I'll let you have the last insult, just so you can feel like a man, I'm bowing out.

I think the lack of sufficient communication by both parties is at fault here.

That being said, I pay by check frequently for larger purchases, but for most items under $1k, it's by credit card or paypal.

Has the OP considered sending Metropolis a TELEX to document his complaint?

:juggle:

I guess sending a telegram was just too old of a thing for the joke, huh?

I think the lack of sufficient communication by both parties is at fault here.

what do you mean by this statement?

you think "I" should've communicated better???

I'm the buyer of a book, what other communication is needed from me once I not only pay, but pay in a manor that benifets them fully with no fees!

They had my home phone, cell phone and email. Yet no calls nor messages were left.

I had to go through my statements call my bank and pay for a stop payment. I've done nothing except waste my own time, energy and money with this deal as it is.