• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgc resub ... comes back with DETATCHED cover?!?!

54 posts in this topic

The rust is no longer on the paper surrounding the staple. Is that what a dry clean looks like, a halo of solvent bigger than the original stain? Count me out.

Dry clean doesn't use solvent.

The rust is no longer on the paper surrounding the staple. Is that what a dry clean looks like, a halo of solvent bigger than the original stain? Count me out.

I see what he means though. Something bled and left a stain. This is puzzling.

I see what he means though. Something bled and left a stain. This is puzzling.

I think the lighting also has a lot to do with the way the rust migration shows from scan to scan. With that said...one way the stain could have been made worse is if the book was overhydrated.

This type of thread irritates me. The OP is mad at CCS and posts about it here on the Boards. He gives us little to no information and then disappears.

It sounded like he expected every one of his resubs to be winners. Some were not and he is mad about it. I think I've seen this movie before.

WTTB

There would be no post counts if there was no complaining.

I recently subbed some books to CCS ... here's some of the highlights

the worst

FF2 was a CGC 3.0 comes back 2.5 w DETATCHED cover!

Do you recall how solid the paper was around the staples? Remember, they have to go thru all of the pages to check for resto. Even if they're very careful, it's easy to pop the cover off if the paper is hanging by a thread.

the best

ASM 3 cgc purple label 7.5 came back 7.0 blue

Did you have resto removed or did they miss something?

the break evens

FF4 cgc 4.0 purple came back cgc 3.5 blue

How is this a "break even"? I would be ecstatic to have a purple label turn to blue.

Again, did you have the resto removed or did they miss it?

the worst

Do you recall how solid the paper was around the staples? Remember, they have to go thru all of the pages to check for resto. Even if they're very careful, it's easy to pop the cover off if the paper is hanging by a thread.

the best

the break evens

How is this a "break even"? I would be ecstatic to have a purple label turn to blue.

It's been answered already - he had the resto removed.

UPDATE: CCS refunded the $25 pressing fee and applied it to my order pending there now...didn't really get an explanation as to how or why it happened just that they were sorry and heres $25 lol needless to say as far as restoration removal they rock as far as pressing ehhh not so much.

I just recently sent some books to Hero Restoration who ive heard is good and waiting for joeypost to clear up to get a shot at seeing his work as people rave about it.

UPDATE: CCS refunded the $25 pressing fee and applied it to my order pending there now...didn't really get an explanation as to how or why it happened just that they were sorry and heres $25 lol needless to say as far as restoration removal they rock as far as pressing ehhh not so much.

I just recently sent some books to Hero Restoration who ive heard is good and waiting for joeypost to clear up to get a shot at seeing his work as people rave about it.

Mike is a great guy. You will be happy with his work

I spoke with him on the phone for about an hour and seemed like it! looking forward to seeing his work 1st hand! also sending my 1st group of books for Joey tonight...excited to see his work aswell!

the worst

the best

the break evens

It's been answered already - he had the resto removed.

yes I had the resto removed...thanks! between the 4 books there was color touch both apparent and professional, and tear seals that were removed by CCS and I thought they did an awesome job with that!

Who is Mike? Matt Nelson is one who removed the resto from your books.

I was looking at the 3.0 and then I looked at the 2.5. What jumped out at me when I saw both covers is that the top staple has been messed with. Someone added more WD 40 on the staple with a q tip and perhaps maybe that is why you see the downgrade. Or it could have been that it was a juicy staple and the junk moved when it was pressed. POW!!! Or...it just two different books with the same problem. The 3.0 looks brighter on the cover than the other. Some people like to play with rust and are not chemists...bang...POW!!!

I was looking at the 3.0 and then I looked at the 2.5. What jumped out at me when I saw both covers is that the top staple has been messed with. Someone added more WD 40 on the staple with a q tip and perhaps maybe that is why you see the downgrade. Or it could have been that it was a juicy staple and the junk moved when it was pressed. POW!!! Or...it just two different books with the same problem. The 3.0 looks brighter on the cover than the other. Some people like to play with rust and are not chemists...bang...POW!!!

the books are both the same exact books, I bought the cgc 3.0 already graded and submitted it in the cgc case...I think joey post put the mystery to rest when he said it probably happened by over moisturizing during the pressing process as he probably knows best.