• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Negative Feedback on eBay.

74 posts in this topic

lol, ok so I'm not crazy.

I have since only listed scanned books and let the buyer judge the grade.

But who puts stock in a graded tpb? I could see if it was vengeance of bane or had some signifigance.

Use words like "like new, very minor shelf wear, ect."

I don't understand... he refused to return the book, yet ebay still sided with him? How is that possible?

That's right! Ebay will let the buyer keep the item and will refund the money directly out of your Paypal account, If you don't have the money in your Paypal account, It will come out of your bank account, If you don't have the money in your bank account you will receive an overdraft charge.... Happened to a friend of mine. The customer is right 95% of the time in Ebay's eyes, That's why so many people on here hate on it.

My understanding was, that if they let the buyer keep the item, they can not take the money out of the sellers account. Unless item was counterfeit.

My guess, in this case, is that they refunded the buyer and also let the seller keep the money. If they pulled the money from the seller, seller needs to complain until he gets the money back, as he offered a refund upon return.

Feedback will stand. Buyers can demand you send them a dancing elephant, because that is what they "thought" they should get. Of course you are not going to send your prized dancing elephant, just like you should not send them a replacement book, until they ship back the original. Be that as it may, the negative feedback about the dancing elephant will also stand.

^^

I don't understand... he refused to return the book, yet ebay still sided with him? How is that possible?

That's right! Ebay will let the buyer keep the item and will refund the money directly out of your Paypal account, If you don't have the money in your Paypal account, It will come out of your bank account, If you don't have the money in your bank account you will receive an overdraft charge.... Happened to a friend of mine. The customer is right 95% of the time in Ebay's eyes, That's why so many people on here hate on it.

No, they won't.

eBay will either tell the buyer to ship it back (and will refund from seller's PP account once they verify it's back in the seller's hands).

Or they'll issue a refund themselves and let the buyer keep the item (with no money lost for the seller). It looks like that's what happened in this case.

This guy seems to think he's found a way to get free stuff. Look for listings that say NM then do his thing. What an utter doosh bucket. Burn in hell.

Call eBay and ask to talk to a representative. Always keep copies of your correspondences with the buyer through eBay messages.

After reading that correspondence, the representative may decide to remove the buyer's negative feedback.

It happens to me once in the past. A buyer left me inappropriate negatives (he was not happy with the freebie I sent him along his purchase :facepalm:) and after reading the correspondence, the eBay representative did remove his negs.

It happens to me once in the past. A buyer left me inappropriate negatives (he was not happy with the freebie I sent him along his purchase :facepalm:) and after reading the correspondence, the eBay representative did remove his negs.

What? He was unhappy with the freebie? What did you send him, a chunk of asbestos?

Hey remember when this forum had that useful thread with a list of eBay buyers to block?

The one I started and had deleted? And then someone copied the entire list over to the new thread, pretty much negating any affect my thread being gone would cause?

Large lists are dangerous. I am on that list due to CAL not liking me, but everyone just C&Ps everyone else' lists into their account, and now I don't even feel bad about me being on a "bad eBayer list" due to some individual_without_enough_empathy's personal feelings for me.

To reiterate - CAL & I have never had any transaction anywhere. He added me (and probably others) to his list, that was then copied by others who didn't know why people like me were on his list, out of sheer spite.

CAL, I have to say... good job, it worked!

(thumbs u

-slym

Hey remember when this forum had that useful thread with a list of eBay buyers to block?

The one I started and had deleted? And then someone copied the entire list over to the new thread, pretty much negating any affect my thread being gone would cause?

Large lists are dangerous. I am on that list due to CAL not liking me, but everyone just C&Ps everyone else' lists into their account, and now I don't even feel bad about me being on a "bad eBayer list" due to some individual_without_enough_empathy's personal feelings for me.

To reiterate - CAL & I have never had any transaction anywhere. He added me (and probably others) to his list, that was then copied by others who didn't know why people like me were on his list, out of sheer spite.

(thumbs u

-slym

This is kinda insane, too. That CAL! What a cad!

Now there's someone I don't miss at all ...

Why not just start a new thread with an updated list in the first post. When someone comes along, you can update the list with a link to the person adding them (much like the HOS/PL)? This would allow complete transparency if someone questioned the addition of their name - say with you and Cal - and then you could remove the name from the list. (shrug)

But here SHOULD be a running list of deadbeat eBay buyers. I'm sorry the last thread got out of control. Just start a new one and run a list with links and it should work fine. :idea:

(thumbs u

-slym

That's why I don't just do a mass-add of eBayers from a big list. Usually the only ones I block are the ones that have the actual reason for doing so.

Why not just start a new thread with an updated list in the first post. When someone comes along, you can update the list with a link to the person adding them (much like the HOS/PL)? This would allow complete transparency if someone questioned the addition of their name - say with you and Cal - and then you could remove the name from the list. (shrug)

But here SHOULD be a running list of deadbeat eBay buyers. I'm sorry the last thread got out of control. Just start a new one and run a list with links and it should work fine. :idea:

Too much work. I will just continue to add people one at a time, based on my take of whatever the person saying to block the eBayer turns out to be. No big lists, no lingering butthurt, and we are all responsible for ourselves, this way.

I am not in favour of a running list, but this thread can serve the other purpose you proposed. Instead of a "running list," we will have a "running thread."

:)

-slym

(thumbs u

That's why I don't just do a mass-add of eBayers from a big list. Usually the only ones I block are the ones that have the actual reason for doing so.

:applause:

-slym