• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E.C. Fan Addict THREAD
26 26

6,390 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2023 at 8:27 AM, Hap Hazard said:

The TOF 1.8 has issues VOH 13 (2), COT 1 says 1 so assume issue 17 (1), WS 14 (3) and HOF 16 (2) and looks rough so yea 1.8 makes my 2.5 look like a great buy!

Tales of Terror 1951 a.jpg

4 days to go in auction and its at $3100 (3700 with BP)....gonna be interesting to see where this goes

On 9/12/2023 at 5:17 PM, Dr. Balls said:

This showed up in my mailbox today, my second low grade EC annual I've picked up recently - love the cover and the super thick format.

IMG_5127.thumb.JPG.318e074f24659cf8457c7fae45144014.JPG

Low grade? That looks pretty decent from a front cover view.

Although, the most common of the 3, I have always liked this cover the best.

On 9/12/2023 at 7:22 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Congrats! For me this was the toughest issue of the run to track down.

international comics.JPG

Tough run. I only have three of them now. I include my #6 in the run even though it is a “transition” issue. An obvious attempt by EC to cash in on the growing crime trend in comics. 

On 9/13/2023 at 9:17 AM, Robot Man said:

Low grade? That looks pretty decent from a front cover view.

Agreed!

On 9/13/2023 at 9:17 AM, Robot Man said:

Although, the most common of the 3, I have always liked this cover the best.

I vote #2.

A shameless plug that I thought might be appropriate here. I’m currently running a sales thread in the GA section featuring a wild assortment of MAD and EC “Stuff”. Thought my fellow MADmen might find something they can’t live without.

If this is not appropriate or it upsets any one just let me know and I will delete this post.

”What Me Worry?” :makepoint:

BREAKING NEWS... New copy of TALES OF TERROR ANNUAL 1 coming to Ha weekly auction Oct 22-24...

As you are aware TOT#1 is being auctioned this  Saturday on Ha and the current bid is $3100 plus BP.......However a complete set of TTA 1-3 are being auctioned off in the OCT 22 weekly Ha auction. the three annuals are graded  #1 1.5, #2 5.0, and #3 5.5 are restored.

Talk about a chance to get TTA 1...this is the greatest window I have seen in 50  years of comic book collecting and this will be affordable . In looking at all of those 1-3...I think the grading is solid on all of them.

guesses on on 1-3 prices...TTA #1 1.5 has great contents also...COT17, TFC 20, WS 13, VAULT 13

Edited by Mmehdy

On 9/14/2023 at 1:06 PM, Mmehdy said:

BREAKING NEWS... New copy of TALES OF TERROR ANNUAL 1 coming to Ha weekly auction Oct 22-24...

As you are aware TOT#1 is being auctioned this Friday (tomm) on Ha and the current bid is $3100 plus BP.......However a complete set of TTA 1-3 are being auctioned off in the OCT 22 weekly Ha auction. the three annuals are graded  #1 1.5, #2 5.0, and #3 5.5 are restored.

Talk about a chance to get TTA 1...this is the greatest window I have seen in 50  years of comic book collecting and this will be affordable . In looking at all of those 1-3...I think the grading is solid on all of them.

guesses on on 1-3 prices...TTA #1 1.5 has great contents also...COT17, TFC 20, WS 13, VAULT 13

TTA 1 is starting to look a little more common these days…:whistle:

Bad move to auction these as a set. Not everyone needs all 3. They would more than likely bring more separately. It takes  a bit of “sizzle” off the #1.

On 9/14/2023 at 6:41 PM, Robot Man said:

TTA 1 is starting to look a little more common these days…:whistle:

Bad move to auction these as a set. Not everyone needs all 3. They would more than likely bring more separately. It takes  a bit of “sizzle” off the #1.

They are selling at the same time individually…. But putting a whole set in just a weekly auction does seem risky .. one every week better!