• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

General Etiquette on Making Offers

89 posts in this topic

I always pay immediately and have never left a neg. I asked him where he acquired the piece. Yep he was real smart to block me. You blow your top easy-can I get YOUR ebay ID?
My ebay ID is in my sig. It's always been there. I've nothing to hide.

So I'll ask again......... What is your ebay ID?

I wanted yours cause you threw an insult at me out of the blue which is someone I like to avoid on ebay. First tell me what I did to make you ask for it in the first place pertaining to this thread.

I offer what the book is worth to me, or sometimes a little less to leave room for negotiation. Sometimes that "worth" may be less than what the market has been shown to pay, but if the book isn't flying out the door, one still may be able to negotiate. I don't want all books equally, and more than a few I buy mainly because the price is right.

How much of a discount against asking I'll look for is largely dependent on where the book is priced. I've asked for as little as a 10% discount and as much as 50%. I figure sellers know when they are priced to sell and when they are putting a book out for top dollar, and will consider lowball bids accordingly. If they don't, then we would be unlikely to come to an agreement anyway.

I always pay immediately and have never left a neg. I asked him where he acquired the piece. Yep he was real smart to block me. You blow your top easy-can I get YOUR ebay ID?
My ebay ID is in my sig. It's always been there. I've nothing to hide.

So I'll ask again......... What is your ebay ID?

I wanted yours cause you threw an insult at me out of the blue which is someone I like to avoid on ebay. First tell me what I did to make you ask for it in the first place pertaining to this thread.

Like I said previously, I apologize if I insulted you. I don't know what you are referring to specifically. That was not my intention and words on a message board can be misconstrued.

It's going to appear to everyone here that you are simply deflecting at this point by not revealing your ebay ID. If you've nothing to hide from and are trustworthy you should put it in your sig like many of us boardies do. Or at least answer my request and post it here once.

I'll ask a third time.... What is your ebay ID?

You said he was smart to block me, intimating I was some kind of ebay loser. I posted nothing that deserved such a comment on this thread. If you're trying to pretend it wasn't an insult that won't fly. Tell me what I posted that made it smart for him to block me and I'll post my ebay ID.

I'll make an offer.

I think the key to making an offer is do provide a reason why you chose that price. Don't just throw a number out there, tell the seller why you are offering to pay that amount. Give them some data to back up your offer like recent sales on ebay or GPA pricing (I usually never give out the GPA value, I will say it is "around" or "in line" with their pricing.)

If the seller is selling the item above what it's current worth is, I will point this out with any of the above data. If they come down, great. If they don't, I walk away.

Yes, a seller can sell the item for whatever they want to sell it for, it's their item. But that item is not worth anything until someone actually buys it.

Just be sure your info is accurate.

I posted my 9.8 HULK 180 on Ebay with BIN/BO

Someone sent me an offer of $1600 or something silly, and then proceeded to tell me how his offer was more than fair & GPA data would back it up.

meh

I quoted the last sale on GPA & a sale on Pedigree from 2 weeks prior. Both sales being more than 1K above his offer.

He never responded back. :(

I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing it when you listed it here.....

You said he was smart to block me, intimating I was some kind of ebay loser. I posted nothing that deserved such a comment on this thread. If you're trying to pretend it wasn't an insult that won't fly. Tell me what I posted that made it smart for him to block me and I'll post my ebay ID.
It's my guess he's read this thread and many of your posts mocking him. That's it.

Now that I've answered your question, do you have the courage to post your ebay ID like many of us here do? (4th request)

It's my guess he's read this thread and many of your posts mocking him. That's it.

Now that I've answered your question, do you have the courage to post your ebay ID like many of us here do? (4th request)

Sorry I don't base my actions on your guesses. And mocking ridiculousness is pretty common around here.

The worst is on Clink where someone offers a $1000 book for $3999. You make an offer of $800 and they counter with...$3999.

:frustrated:

You can't offer $1000 on a $4000 book (even if it's only worth $800). You need to be at least 2k (50%) for it to even take and then yes, I usually get an auto decline. I'll bump it, I'll bump it, and then finally it's pending. The seller will take days to get back and then drop it around 10% which is still GPA X 1.75. Once in a while you'll see a motivated seller pricing it a little over GPA which shows he/she really wants to sell the book and not take up electrons with their fantasy pricing. If it's a nice book, then you can close a deal usually where both parties are not happy, but satisfied.

Sorry I don't base my actions on your guesses. And mocking ridiculousness is pretty common around here.

Be that as it may..... Everyone that reads this now knows you are not a man of your word and will not post your ebay ID here. Whether it's because you know deep down that you would end up on many block lists, or whatever, you have confirmed you are untrustworthy, and not a man of your word. Your constant deflections are obvious to us all.

My ebay ID is in my sig. It's always been there as it also is for many other boardies.

What your's? (last request)

Be that as it may..... Everyone that reads this now knows you are not a man of your word and will not post your ebay ID here. Whether it's because you know deep down that you would end up on many block lists, or whatever, you have confirmed you are untrustworthy, and not a man of your word. Your constant deflections are obvious to us all.

My ebay ID is in my sig. It's always been there as it also is for many other boardies.

You win. I'm a loser.

You win. I'm a loser.

I knew you didn't have the courage to post your ebay ID from the beginning. I knew you wouldn't stand by your word. Now everyone else does too.

I apologize for mocking dude. Possibility exists he might sell the item. Who am I to judge? But it would be dumb to block me-it would take an act of congress to get me to leave a neg and I have never nor would ever fail to pay for an item.

You win. I'm a loser.

I knew you didn't have the courage to post your ebay ID from the beginning. I knew you wouldn't stand by your word. Now everyone else does too.

Yep. You nailed me good.

:baiting:

-slym

:baiting:

-slym

I got BAZINAGA'd

Part 1: $3000 is a completely reasonable offer, and if the seller gets offended.....they don't deserve your money

2c

<-- this ... most sellers at cons anyways over price stuff just cause they know people are going to want a bargin on something plus even if he does not take the $3000 he could over back to you $3500 so be ready to pay more than your offer just incase you get a counter offer

Dang these threads always become about me. I'm like the Miley Cyrus of this joint.

Stop sticking your tongue out and wearing too-tight vinyl.

-slym

And the twerking-don't forget the twerking.