• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Stores in the New York Area

21 posts in this topic

Heading to New York next week and looking for recommendations on comic stores I should visit while I am over.

Let me know what you guys think are the ones that are worth paying a visit to, thanks.

Metropolis Comics. You'll need to contact them for an appointment and you'll need to pick out what you'd like to see ahead of time but it's definitely fun to see their office.

Roger's Time Machine is also worth a visit. Old School comic store.

Heading to New York next week and looking for recommendations on comic stores I should visit while I am over.

Let me know what you guys think are the ones that are worth paying a visit to, thanks.

Metropolis Comics. You'll need to contact them for an appointment and you'll need to pick out what you'd like to see ahead of time but it's definitely fun to see their office.

Roger's Time Machine is also worth a visit. Old School comic store.

Yup, these 2 are the only ones I would mention as well.

as noted in another thread, roger's has moved. i think they have the same phone #, so just confirm where they are. it is about 8 blocks from the location it used to be on 14th street. it was a bit chaotic there 3 weeks ago when i dropped by due to the move, but he probably has things better organized now. and they finally take credit cards!

So couple of suggestions:

If you are looking for new books and statutes and things like that, you have to hit up Forbidden Planet. It's Iconic and cool. You'll have fun there. They have no back issues though so....

If you are looking for back issues, as stated make an appointment with Metropolis, they are amazing. Also hit up Roger's Time Machine which is now called Mysterious Island NYC and is located at 418 6 Ave near 9th Street which is very close to Forbidden Planet. Roger is a great guy and he has TONS of boxes of old books to go through (however don't expect super high grade) I would also suggest going to Midtown Comic's downtown location which is right by the World Trade Center (64 Fulton Street). They have the best wall of all three locations, tons of back issues, and none of the huge tourist foot traffic that the midtown and grand central locations have. You can actually relax and look through bins there. Also sign up for an account, it takes 30 seconds and they knock $20 off every $100 you spend.

Royal Collectibles.

:baiting: Queens is not New York :baiting:

This is true, it's not New York, it's New York City.

New York is the State and is large and vass, Upstate, Southern, West New York, East New York.

The city is comprised of five counties, Kings, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx and Manhattan. Together they make up NYC.

Royal Collectibles.

Queens is the area I have to pass through to go from Brooklyn out to da' eye-lend.

Royal Collectibles.

Queens is the area I have to pass through to go from Brooklyn out to da' eye-lend.

Yes, that is correct, it is an area called Queens which is one of the five boroughs that make up NYC.

Royal Collectibles.

Thinking about, you don't have to pass through Queens.

Here is what you can do...

Go through Manhattan into the Bronx, take the 95 north towards boston, grab the Orient Point Ferry at Mystic and take it to Da'eye-land.

Royal Collectibles.

Go through Manhattan into the Bronx, take the 95 north towards boston, grab the Orient Point Ferry at Mystic and take it to Da'eye-land.

Or just fall asleep on the train and pretend that it was all just a bad dream upon waking up at Penn Station.

On a serious note, O'Neils in Maspeth is my favorite bar to visit as my friend lives around the block from there. Also Cherry Valley... Damn... I have driven up to a full 45 minutes in the middle of the night to go grab a sandwich.

On a side note... Orient Ferry is how I prefer to go when traveling up through New England. Nice ride out, sleep or relax on the Ferry... Head North.

I would definitely agree with Roger's and metropolis collectibles.

I've heard good things about royal collectibles but have never been there. Is at in thr rego park - forest hills area?

It's difficult to find decent back issues any more.

Royal Collectibles.

Or just fall asleep on the train and pretend that it was all just a bad dream upon waking up at Penn Station.

On a serious note, O'Neils in Maspeth is my favorite bar to visit as my friend lives around the block from there. Also Cherry Valley... Damn... I have driven up to a full 45 minutes in the middle of the night to go grab a sandwich.

On a side note... Orient Ferry is how I prefer to go when traveling up through New England. Nice ride out, sleep or relax on the Ferry... Head North.

Dude.. U know about Cherry Valley?

I thought that was my secret spot..

So.. Gimp or Beast?

Royal Collectibles.

Dude.. U know about Cherry Valley?

I thought that was my secret spot..

So.. Gimp or Beast?

Corona or S.O.B.

In fact once I can resume driving its one of the first spots I plan on hitting up. I discovered that place whole in college and then rediscovered it through a girlfriend that lived in Whitestone. The girl is long gone but cherry valley sandwiches are forever.