• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are we so attached to our comics?

85 posts in this topic

I think most of you know I am not in the best situation, and money is never plentiful for me. So, with all these collectables, why can't I bring myself to sell them? It took a painful effort to start selling my books, but as I get closer to "my REAL collection," i.e., the books I personally bought off of the stands, I find myself dragging my heels to get them out, get pics or scans, and sell them. It's taken MONTHS to get my UXM from 94-130 scanned, graded, and now I only have 3 left from that group, and it has been weeks (months?) since I have listed any others. When I get to #171 (the one I first bought off the stands) I think I am gonna have a breakdown. What is gonna happen to me from 171 to #472, when I stopped collecting? And...

Why? Why the HELL am I so attached to these? Why do I literally have a minor panic attack when I even think of getting them out to sell? They aren't even worth that much money, but it is 300+ issues of a book I put my childhood into. My "adjectiveless" X-Men goes from 1 to 172, and my Wolverine goes from 50 to the end of vol. 2 (183?) and then the first 30 or issues of vol. 3. I need to just go ahead and get what I can for them and do what I need to.

I can't be the only one who ever felt like that. All you that have turned over your collections at least once, how did you cope? Am I really that weak inside? If I can sell off those mutant titles, and my VALIANT collection, I would have maybe a long box of comics left, some of those I bought recently on speculation.

I guess this is some sort of cry for help...

:(

-slym

Sorry to read this man , it sucks when you have to sell stuff because of a bad situation . i been there myself .. Hope everything goes better

That's when I check completed sales to see if I let a semi-key go for bargain bin price. It's happened once or twice, no big deal, nothing like NM98 or anything.

Nonono... I know UXM #139 isn't a key, or semi-key, or anything. I know this copy has condition issues (first two pages have 1" rips, severe indentations at Wolvie's head, major CB creases on one corner) and even though I took pics of the flaws to go with my scans, and decribed them in the conditions section, it just seems weird that it went so fast.

Maybe this person was looking for just such a copy and found it at the right price, IDK. I am sure not hoping there is a problem!

;)

-slym