• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how to tell the difference between jim 83 and jim 83 grr?

33 posts in this topic

There's no price on the front cover of the GRR...

thanks is there anything else I should look out for?

nope...that is tell tale sign enough (thumbs u

That's not enough. Basically this auction is for a few wraps and op wants to know they're not GRR wraps. Is there any other ads or something different in GRR interiors?

I didn't look at the auction just answered the general question of what to look for to tell diff...

in looking at actual auction, it is photo copied cover and pages, so I wouldn't even be sniffing this book...but interior is pretty much identical (right down to the ads), so since you don't have the indicia on the interior splash to check for release date, I would go with it being photo copied or reprint, to be on safe side

That's not enough. Basically this auction is for a few wraps and op wants to know they're not GRR wraps. Is there any other ads or something different in GRR interiors?

I didn't look at the auction just answered the general question of what to look for to tell diff...

in looking at actual auction, it is photo copied cover and pages, so I wouldn't even be sniffing this book...but interior is pretty much identical (right down to the ads), so since you don't have the indicia on the interior splash to check for release date, I would go with it being photo copied or reprint, to be on safe side

okay thanks, how can you tell that it it's photo copied pages? I'm new and I still don't know a lot of these things yet!

from what I see it's all that the comic has

I'm assuming you want to know if the interior pages are from an original? It looks like they are, because the GRR didn't have any of the ads.

yes I'm wondering if they are original and it's nice to have another clue if it's real or not!

There's a Q&A at the bottom of the listing where someone has told the seller that it's a reprint because the opening page has no indicia.

They failed to notice that the opening page is the start of part 3, and would have no indicia. Pretty confident it's an original but I'm only going off the fact that my ASM #1 GRR doesn't have ads and I'm just assuming they all don't. Makes sense that they all wouldn't. Good luck (thumbs u

GRR copies have no ad pages on the interiors, don't reprint the back up stories and the entire book is much thinner.

why are you interested?

yes I am if it's the real deal then yes I'm interested!

you misunderstood. I was asking why do you want this?

Because he has absolutely no clue.