• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ant-Man director calls it quits

110 posts in this topic

I had never heard this reference before now.

The Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy (also known as the Blood and Ice Cream trilogy or The Cornetto trilogy) is a series of comedic genre films directed by Edgar Wright, written by Wright and Simon Pegg, produced by Nira Park, and starring Pegg and Nick Frost. The trilogy consists of Shaun of the Dead (2004), Hot Fuzz (2007), and The World's End (2013).

Each film in the trilogy is connected to a Cornetto ice cream, with a Cornetto of the appropriate flavour appearing in each film. Shaun of the Dead features a strawberry-flavoured Cornetto, which signifies the film's bloody and gory elements, Hot Fuzz includes the blue original Cornetto, to signify the police element to the film, and The World's End features the green mint chocolate chip flavour in a nod to aliens and science fiction.

:o

:sorry: I missed this thread somehow - but this Cornetto ice cream trivia is pretty cool! :applause:

I love Shawn of the Dead. I haven't seen the other two though. (shrug)

Peyton Reed Emerges As Frontrunner To Replace Edgar Wright On ANT-MAN

The Wrap reveals that Peyton Reed (Down With Love) is the new frontrunner to helm Ant-Man for Marvel Studios. This is the first time his name has emerged after they seemingly failed numerous times to find someone willing to take over from Edgar Wright after he departed the project over creative differences. The fact that the site names him as a frontrunner could mean that he's now likely to be confirmed sooner rather than later, especially as Disney still want to make that July 17th, 2015 release date. While Wright has never had a commercial hit, Reed helmed The Break-Up, which grossed more than $200 million worldwide, and Yes Man, which grossed $223 million worldwide.

Marvel Officially Sets Peyton Reed To Direct ANT-MAN And Reveals First Plot Synopsis

When Marvel's "Ant-Man" hits theaters July 17, 2015, director Peyton Reed will help shepherd the hero into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with a cast led by Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas, with writer Adam McKay contributing to the film's -script.

Simon Pegg Weighs In On Edgar Wright's ANT-MAN Exit

Not surprising since they have worked together. But I have to agree on this comment.

"I get why perhaps it’s happened. Maybe they want a particular thing in line with a particular other thing, but if you hire a director who has a particular vision, you’ve got to expect him or her to make a such and such film."