• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite model kits based on comic book characters
2 2

129 posts in this topic

Wasn't aware Polar Lights had done a Wolverine either. Looks decent enough. Some dood detail in that Sentinel head base.

Have plastic figure kits made a come-back of sorts?

muWmee-5Bk3JOP69n3e8Srw.jpgA5963.jpg

That kit comes with two heads and two sets of claws was just looking at it.

Bosco and Davenport thanks for the updates. All the cool stuff just makes me want to keep working on mine. Im not in the same league as the guys/gals in the video but i enjoy it.

Be sure and post up your Invisible Man model whenever you get finished. (thumbs u Fun stuff.

Wasn't aware Polar Lights had done a Wolverine either. Looks decent enough. Some dood detail in that Sentinel head base.

Have plastic figure kits made a come-back of sorts?

muWmee-5Bk3JOP69n3e8Srw.jpgA5963.jpg

Actually the Wolverine and Superman kits sold so badly that the model company Round2 cancelled a Thor kit that they also had in the works.

Looks like we have another comic book model to consider.

Jonny Quest Dragonfly

ks2013moeb11.jpg

My only warning is don't pay more than $28 if you can on this one. I went with a friend yesterday to pick up his reserved model. It is a very, very simple kit, not large, but still worth picking up if you are a Jonny Quest fan.

:whee:

The reviews on the Jonny Quest Dragonfly kit confirm the simplicity of the content.

Jonny Quest Dragonfly from Moebius Models

------------------------

There are times when I get on my desk a model so richly engineered that my jaw drops like that from Wil E. Coyote even though physics don’t agree with him or me for that matter. Among other things I’ve got on top of my desk last week, I found this model kit of The Dragonfly from the original Jonny Quest show from Hanna-Barbera kindly sent by the folks over at Moebius Models. But it wasn’t a richly detailed model that left me in awe but the subject itself. In fact, the Dragonfly model kit from Moebius is comprised of just 13 parts and a single decal to be used on the provided clear base.

------------------------

Jonny Quest: The Dragonfly

------------------------

The Build

The build was completed in a couple of hours and that included all the seam sanding and prepping for paint. Sorry, but for a skill level 3 it was almost non-eventful with no surprises. My biggest gripe would be the textured surface and a few weak panel lines caused by the mold design.

The Bottom Line

If you are a fan of the original Jonny Quest Show then this is a must have! I give it a 10 on subject matter and a 6 for the kit itself. I would like to thank Moebius and IPMS for the opportunity to present this great model.

------------------------

At least the kit itself is a win. It is the simple design of the kit that doesn't justify $34.

I found these at an estate sale a few years ago. Sadly, they are gone as I sold them.

monstermodels_zpssk0z5gci.jpg

Oh man! I had all of these as a kid (though I didn't use a marker on the Creature's face). Nice going!

:applause:

I still have this one!

munstercoach1_zpsepybpvrj.jpg

:cloud9:

Ah those wild George Barris creations - loved the drag racing episodes of the Munsters!!!!

I lived near one of his shops in Hollywood and used to see them test drive all kinds of crazy vehicles on the road by them from time to time.

I found these at an estate sale a few years ago. Sadly, they are gone as I sold them.

monstermodels_zpssk0z5gci.jpg

Oh man! I had all of these as a kid (though I didn't use a marker on the Creature's face). Nice going!

:applause:

I had Godzilla, King Kong and the creature but alas not the skills to complete them. You had to be real good to make one of these kits look decent when complete. I could never get the pieces to fit together seamlessly. I wonder if it was lack of skill or the pieces were made a little warped. Interesting memory . . .