• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not a comic, but this is still bad eBay shipping...

31 posts in this topic

I collect OOP VHS as well as comics. Most of the time I expect a VHS to show up in a padded envelope with little protection. This usually isn't a big deal as most VHS are usually not in the greatest shape anyway. This, however, takes the cake for bad shipping:

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

Yep. A Triscut box filled with crumpled paper. Upon closer inspection the crumpled paper was actually a tax receipts register from a county in Tennessee. I know property tax records are public knowledge, but it still seems in bad taste to use something like that as packing material, especially since it showed names and addresses.

Luckily my VHS showed up in the condition described. Still kind of amazed that it got here without the Triscut box disintegrating. Getting ready to send the seller a message. Not expecting to get anything out of it, just want to make him aware that his shipping practices are not up to standard.

Any hillbilly with any God given sense should know that the Town House box is the standard for shipping VHS. It's dimensions are much better suited for both larger tapes and beta.

Triscuit boxes are really only made for 8 track cassette tapes. hm

When I get finished feeding the chickens, I will walk up to Clem's store & post office and find out who he sold that box to.

;)

lol

townhouse_zpsb1c2b1dd.jpg

When I get finished feeding the chickens, I will walk up to Clem's store & post office and find out who he sold that box to.

While you're doing that I'll just peek through the tax register and see how much Clem owes in back taxes.

I bought one of the early 90s Hasbro 12" Wolverine figures a few months ago. Box was mint, which was hard to find. When it showed up it was in a bag and that was it. Needless to say the box was beat to hell. When I contacted the seller she seemed confused as to why I was concerned about the box in the first place. Oh well, some people are just clueless.

I'm just still shocked that people still buy VHS ?

I have a large box and they will be heading to the dump shortly,

Mainly Star Trek and other sci/fi

For packaging that the seller used, they cant be that broke or time poor to get a decent packaging box from their local post office

That packaging is Deliciously Simple!

(Some day you'll have to tell us about collecting OOP VHS cassettes... When the time comes, please let me know how much my "Rubin & Ed" movie is worth. It's in high-grade condition.)

Oh, P.S.: What was the VHS?

P.P.S.: I think I found Waldo... or at least his foot.... or her foot... in your photo.

I never concern myself with packaging if the item is received in the condition described. For comics, you can send it to me in whatever box or envelope you choose as along it is adequately protected. I pay for the comic, not the packaging. Packing material is not important to me if it can protect the comics from damage. I only hold the seller accountable for getting my comics safely to me, not what it was sent in. Of course if the comic is damaged because of poor packaging, then there's hell to pay.

There are ALOT of movies/TV shows/random music videos that have never been re-released on DVD or Blu Ray. Those types of VHS are highly desirable. Things like first run big-box Horror from the late 70's/early 80's are some of the more desirable ones in VHS. There are also a lot of pro wrestling VHS that feature matches that have never been re-issued on DVD or aren't available through the WWE network, so those are highly desirable as well.

This beat-up Media release of Halloween sold for $125

It's a real niche market overall though. Last year a MEDA copy of Halloween on VHS from 1978 "sold" on eBay for $13,000, but the winning bidder never paid. The underbidder offered $1,000 for it though.

That packaging is Deliciously Simple!

(Some day you'll have to tell us about collecting OOP VHS cassettes... When the time comes, please let me know how much my "Rubin & Ed" movie is worth. It's in high-grade condition.)

Oh, P.S.: What was the VHS?

P.P.S.: I think I found Waldo... or at least his foot.... or her foot... in your photo.

If you want more info on VHS collecting, there are two documentaries I recommend:

Adjust Your Tracking: The Untold Story of the VHS Collector

Rewind This!

Again, its a niche market. I mainly collect horror VHS. I don't have anything of what I consider high value like original big box Wizard Video VHS , but I do have an original 1st run double flap Media rental copy of A Nightmare on Elm Street with the silver label and a 2nd run Media copy of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre that I had signed by Gunnar Hansen last year. Those are my two favorites in my collection.

Oh, and as for what I ordered...let's just say I've been told that Kevin Eastman will sign anything and I am going to put that to the test at Heroescon:

Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!

I'm surprised that would meet the post office standards for what would be considered a box/package, but maybe they don't have strict or well defined standards for that sort of thing...It's kind of inspiring though. I think I'm going to try and ship something in a munchos bag.

I bought all the wood trim from a 1992 Brougham, and the guy just tossed all the pieces in a giant box (the trim barely filled 20% of the box) with no protection of any kind. They all showed up scratched and damaged, two pieces completely broken. The package was insured, but because of the poor packaging they wouldn't pay me out. The seller would not refund me. It wasn't through Paypal or eBay though.

Oh, and as for what I ordered...let's just say I've been told that Kevin Eastman will sign anything and I am going to put that to the test at Heroescon:

Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!

Geez, you bought something from someone with the name "tusculumwildman", what did you expect? Rupp knows what I'm talkin' about, am I right? :)

Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!

Geez, you bought something from someone with the name "tusculumwildman", what did you expect? Rupp knows what I'm talkin' about, am I right? :)

Educate me.

What's a tusculum, and what does it do to make men wild?

There are ALOT of movies/TV shows/random music videos that have never been re-released on DVD or Blu Ray. Those types of VHS are highly desirable. Things like first run big-box Horror from the late 70's/early 80's are some of the more desirable ones in VHS. There are also a lot of pro wrestling VHS that feature matches that have never been re-issued on DVD or aren't available through the WWE network, so those are highly desirable as well.

This beat-up Media release of Halloween sold for $125

It's a real niche market overall though. Last year a MEDA copy of Halloween on VHS from 1978 "sold" on eBay for $13,000, but the winning bidder never paid. The underbidder offered $1,000 for it though.

8 Million Ways To Die never got a DVD release.

Maybe Blu Ray? :wishluck: