• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not a comic, but this is still bad eBay shipping...

31 posts in this topic

Oh, and as for what I ordered...let's just say I've been told that Kevin Eastman will sign anything and I am going to put that to the test at Heroescon:

Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!

Geez, you bought something from someone with the name "tusculumwildman", what did you expect? Rupp knows what I'm talkin' about, am I right? :)

Well there is Tusculum College... but no one from around here can afford to go there. Last I heard the majority of the student body are from out of state... primarily New Jersey. hm

http://www.tusculum.edu/

That said... Rupp eats breakfast every morning with Vanilla Ice... sooooo "Stop Collaborate and listen!" :headbang:

IMG_20140525_144939_089_zpsad08d945.jpg

8 Million Ways To Die never got a DVD release.

Maybe Blu Ray? :wishluck:

That movie is screaming for a re-release just based on the fact that its a Jeff Bridges movie produced by Oliver Stone and co-stars Andy Garcia. Someone has to own the distribution rights to it.

That said... Rupp eats breakfast every morning with Vanilla Ice... sooooo "Stop Collaborate and listen!" :headbang:

I used to run away from a lot of the awkward, goofy, and otherwise considered "uncool" stuff that I loved as a kid. As I've gotten older I've started to take ownership of my past and have gained a new found appreciation for all that stuff. One thing I freely admit now is that as a young white kid that liked rap music I was a huge fan of Vanilla Ice. Loved all of it - had the posters, the cassettes, and even liked the Cool As Ice movie. Heck, I even liked his nu-metal stuff.

I can't remember how, but when I was teaching high school the kids discovered that I had memorized "Ice Ice Baby." At the end of each semester, I promised every class that I would perform "Ice Ice Baby" once the exam was over. Needless to say I delivered. Not sure that it created new Vanilla Ice fans, but I did have people sign up for my class just so they could see me rap.

I have a couple bootleg DVD's of movies that never got released in the format, or hadn't been released at the time I bought the bootleg. Safe to say nearly a decade after the format was made obsolete by Bluray, if something isn't on DVD, it's never going to be on DVD.

I used to run away from a lot of the awkward, goofy, and otherwise considered "uncool" stuff that I loved as a kid. As I've gotten older I've started to take ownership of my past and have gained a new found appreciation for all that stuff. One thing I freely admit now is that as a young white kid that liked rap music I was a huge fan of Vanilla Ice. Loved all of it - had the posters, the cassettes, and even liked the Cool As Ice movie. Heck, I even liked his nu-metal stuff.

I can't remember how, but when I was teaching high school the kids discovered that I had memorized "Ice Ice Baby." At the end of each semester, I promised every class that I would perform "Ice Ice Baby" once the exam was over. Needless to say I delivered. Not sure that it created new Vanilla Ice fans, but I did have people sign up for my class just so they could see me rap.

Absolutely LOVED his nu-metal phase of the late 90's and early 00's. People can say what they will about Ice... but without him, Hammer and Young MC, the early 1990's wouldn't have been anywhere near as fun :grin:

We have a lot more in common than geography and fine taste in music... check out my original box, Continental Video VHS release of Return of the Alien's Deadly Spawn. :headbang:

050314BoardSale047_zps9583f8fa.jpg

Man. There will never be another 80's. My kids will not know the feeling of walking into a video store and picking a movie based solely on the box art. I gravitated to stuff like this. The cheesier the better.

When Blockbuster started to put the mom n' pop video stores out of business, you started to see painted box art disappear.

Since he just recently passed, here's an HR Giger painted cover. The movie is bad, the art is incredible:

future%20kill%20vestron%20vhs%20front.jpg

Man. There will never be another 80's. My kids will not know the feeling of walking into a video store and picking a movie based solely on the box art. I gravitated to stuff like this. The cheesier the better.

When Blockbuster started to put the mom n' pop video stores out of business, you started to see painted box art disappear.

Since he just recently passed, here's an HR Giger painted cover. The movie is bad, the art is incredible:

Loved that poster for that. As an added bonus... two original TX Chainsaw stars in it as well. :headbang:

Didn't help the movie though... it was awful.

Great time for cheese though... Defcon 4, Mutant, Chud from around that time all fondly found their way into my VHS player :cloud9:

Oh, and as for what I ordered...let's just say I've been told that Kevin Eastman will sign anything and I am going to put that to the test at Heroescon:

Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!

Geez, you bought something from someone with the name "tusculumwildman", what did you expect? Rupp knows what I'm talkin' about, am I right? :)

Well there is Tusculum College... but no one from around here can afford to go there. Last I heard the majority of the student body are from out of state... primarily New Jersey. hm

Huh, things must have changed over the years - my sister-in-law went there, and they were from Southwest VA coal country, not the most affluent area.

Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!

Huh, things must have changed over the years - my sister-in-law went there, and they were from Southwest VA coal country, not the most affluent area.

She must have been rich or gotten a scholarship ... tuition is over 30K a year now.

http://www.tusculum.edu/mytusculum/finances.html

Loved that poster for that. As an added bonus... two original TX Chainsaw stars in it as well. :headbang:

Didn't help the movie though... it was awful.

Great time for cheese though... Defcon 4, Mutant, Chud from around that time all fondly found their way into my VHS player :cloud9:

I remember watching those movies back then

Also remember the cover to Brain Dead . I think it was 3D where the art was coming out of the cover, not sure it has been a couple of decades

Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!

She must have been rich or gotten a scholarship ... tuition is over 30K a year now.

http://www.tusculum.edu/mytusculum/finances.html

Well, it was over 25 years ago, so probably wasn't as expensive then.