• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper dreams still come true...or tales from a hoarder!

55 posts in this topic

I normally don't make these posts, but I just had to post some of this new collection I got on the weekend. Personally it hasn't been a great year for new comic collections, and it does get discouraging. But this definitely proves if you keep grinding, eventually all your efforts and hard work may net you some cool books!

We can start with the typical drek associated with most collections from speculators from the 88-90 era (all of his books were from those 3 years). I think I'm rich, 50 copies of each colour!

photo IMG_2287_zpsc61f33b9.jpg

photo IMG_2288_zpsd7d610c6.jpg

About 50% of the books were bagged, and almost none were boarded, but he purchased the books and put them in boxes never to be looked at again. It's a lot like Christmas with sites like this;

photo IMG_2283_zps6c7d6025.jpg

photo IMG_2284_zpsd350309a.jpg

When I got his original email his list was broken down into 7 different files. The first 5 files were Marvel/DC, 99% of it was drek (10 copies of Justice League Europe #1 anyone :makepoint:)? So essentially I purchased 6 boxes, 5 and a half of them are $1 books. He did however have one bright spot, he bought 2 copies of each Amazing Spidey from 309-329, then 10 copies of 330, and then he stopped.

photo IMG_2281_zpsee4a6b08.jpg

I have never pressed a book, however these books are both shoe-in 9.6's that may actually be 9.8's (with today's looser standards, won't know until I get my last batch back). So for the first time ever, I've started a 'press' pile!

photo IMG_2279_zps552c5624.jpg

I have never pressed a book, however these books are both shoe-in 9.6's that may actually be 9.8's (with today's looser standards, won't know until I get my last batch back). So for the first time ever, I've started a 'press' pile!

:takeit::takeit:

:takeit::takeit:

"If it bleeds, we can kill it."

photo IMG_2282_zpsdde3abf1.jpg

Predator #3?

Only the first 2 my friend...

Jay

There is a second printing of #1. Check the legend.

I will definitely check, however this guy was robotic in his actions, would have purchased day of or day after release.

If you decide to sell the caliber press and crows, let me know. Ill have O'Barr down for my show in August and would love to get him to autograph those.

NP, I will, right now nothing is for sale but if that changes, I will let you know!

Jay